Microsoft rolls out multiple improvements and fixes in another cumulative update, KB4469342 for Windows 10 1809 Build 17763.168. It only releases certain key changes and does not focus on any new features for the operating system. This patch focuses on the time zone of various regions, prevent issues of HULU, takes care of regedit.exe and more.
You can either download KB4469342 patch manually through Microsoft Update Catalog or get via Windows Update.
KB4469342 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 1809 Build 17763.168 Details
- KB4469342 deals with an issue in Microsoft Edge that uses the drag-drop feature. It uses to upload folders directly from the desktop to a file hosting service webpage. For example, Microsoft OneDrive. Furthermore, in certain cases, the files that are in the folders fail to upload and does not report any error on the web page.
- When you use “roaming profiles” or you don’t use the “Microsoft Compatibility List”, there occurs a problem. It reduces Internet Explorer performance. So, the team comes with a solution for this issue on this build.
- Microsoft and the team focus on the updated time zone information for Fiji.
- While continuing the list, KB4469342 also addresses time zone modifications for Moroccan as well as Russian daylight standard time.
- When you change a multi-monitor configuration, the display settings stops to work. After installing this build, it will not happen anymore.
- An issue occurs where it shows a black screen on certain servers while you wake a display from sleep. This build resolves this specific problem.
- In some lighting conditions, the Camera app delays while taking a photo will not happen after this release.
- The team also fixes the problem that prevents live TV Hulu content from playing in Microsoft Edge. And it eventually shows up a black screen.
- An issue that blocks Bluetooth ® headsets from receiving audio input after several minutes of listening will no more happen.
- KB4469342 resolve the problem that makes the Brightness slider preference to be reset to 50% when the device reboots.
- The release of this build also makes an attempt to fix the problem with the OEM manufacturing processes. It happens especially when you run sysprep /generalize.
- Microsoft focuses an issue with “Microsoft Intune” that causes devices to be incorrectly marked as not compliant. This happens when a firewall incorrectly returns a ‘Poor’ status. As a result, the affected devices will not get conditional access compliance approval and may be blocked from access to “corporate resources” like email.
- This patch also deals with a problem with vSwitch on network interface cards (in short NIC). This does not support Large Send Offload (LSO) and Checksum Offload (CSO).
- Another major change that KB4469342 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 1809 Build 17763.168 is that it updates the WiFi policy for service set identifier (SSID) filtering to avoid filtering out WiFi Direct devices.
- The patch also rolls out the fix for the issue that leads rasman.exe to stop responding.
- This cumulative update also makes a fix for the issue where the “regedit.exe” fails to add the double null terminator to “REG_MULTI_SZ” values in the Windows registry. However, the missing terminator may block services moreover applications from reading REG_MULTI_SZ values the Registry Editor includes after the installation of the OS.
- You will also get a fix for the problem with RemoteApp visibility. It may lead the main window to disappear until you click the screen.
- Furthermore, KB4469342 will bypass the problem that prevents certain users from setting “Win32” program defaults for some app moreover file type combinations through the “Open with…” command or via Windows Settings => Apps => Default apps.
- Finally, this patch also focuses on the problem that may make “mapped drivers” fail to reconnect after starting as well as logging onto a Windows device.
KB4469342 Known Issues
|You may not be able to use the “Seek Bar” in Windows Media Player (in short WMP) when you play specific files. However, this problem will not affect normal playback.||Microsoft is working on a resolution. And the team estimates a solution to be available mid-December 2018.|
|Microsoft receives a notification from Nvidia which reports that Microsoft Edge may crash or hang while playing video. This issue occurs after a Nvidia driver update.||To address this problem, Nvidia has released an updated driver. So, you can go through the guidelines found in Nvidia’s support article.|
How to Get KB4469342 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 1809 Build 17763.168
Before installing the latest cumulative update (viz. LCU), you need to install the current stack update (in short SSU) for the OS. Normally, SSUs enhance the reliability of the update procedure. This is used to mitigate potential problems while you install the LCU.
To get the stand-alone package, simply navigate to Microsoft Update Catalog and grab the one as your system’s architecture. However, if you are using “Windows Update”, the latest SSU KB4470788 will be offered to you automatically.
To download KB4469342 as stand-alone package for the latest SSU, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog.
You can also manually get this cumulative patch. To do so, open Windows Settings => Update & security => Windows Update.
On the right pane, click “Check for updates” button.
Source – Release Note.