KB4480976 for Windows 10 1803 arrives taking the operating system to Build 15063.1596. The patch includes fixes and improvements in Microsoft Edge, sharing and timeline, Hibernate, BitLocker Network Unlock, privacy, File Explorer, hotspot authentication, and a lot more.
You will receive the cumulative update automatically, moreover, you can download KB4480976 from Microsoft Update Catalog website as standalone package. This is the second push on the consecutive Tuesday as on the patchday Microsoft released cumulative-security updates for all the versions of Windows 10. If you haven’t got the patch till now then go to Settings => Update & Security => then click on ‘Check for Updates’.
KB4480976 for Windows 10 1803 Build 15063.1596 Details
Cumulative update KB4480976 brings following improvements and fixes for Windows Version 1803 –
- The cumulative update addresses Microsoft Edge browser fails to trigger the focusinevent problem. In this case, the focus event listener of an element automatically shifts focus to another element.
- The patch addresses sharing and timeline features and roaming settings fail to work. The issue occurs specifically for the accounts that use Chinese, Japanese, and Korean languages.
- KB4480976 addresses Help (F1) window doesn’t appear correctly for some applications.
- The cumulative update addresses Windows security screen that shows power options. The problem occurs despite per user group policy is set to hide “power options”.
- The patch addresses some compressed file formats that stop to be resolved.
- KB4480976 tries to solve BitLocker Network Unlock that fails on generation 2 virtual machines. The issue happens when you use it in a network that only supports IPv4.
- The cumulative update tries to solve apps that obtain the BroadFileSystemAccess capability without a user’s permission.
- The patch attempts to resolve Microsoft Office or similar apps stops working because of WAM logging.
- Redmonds, in this update, try to fix incorrect generation of Windows Defender Application Control failure audit event problem. The issue is created by catalog signed scripts, furthermore those shipped as part of Windows.
- KB4480976 Windows Driver Frameworks causes high CPU utilization problem. Consequently, the user-mode driver stops working when the device resumes from Hibernation (S4).
- Windows 10 cumulative update addresses 30-second delay issue occurring when deleting or renaming a link in a (Distributed File System) Namespace. Apart from this, renaming a folder may consume 30 seconds when more than one user work in a group share at a time, and File Explorer stops responding.
- The patch tries to solve overwriting a file in a shared folder problem occurring due to an Access Denied error when a filter driver is loaded.
- KB4480976 works on difficult authentication of hotspots for 3rd-party applications.
- The patch tries to resolve a blue screen that appears when a Thunderbolt storage device is connected.
KB4480976 Known issues
|Subsequent to installing either August Preview of Quality Rollup or 11/09/2018 .NET Framework update, SqlConnection instantiation can throw an exception. See details – KB4470809.||Microsoft experts are trying to resolve this and will provide a patch in an upcoming release.|
|After receiving this update, some users can fail to pin a web link on the Start menu or taskbar.||Microsoft’ developers are working on a resolution and will send an update in a future release.|
|If Microsoft Jet database includes column names having larger than 32 characters then the apps using “MS Access 97” format may not open. This will show the error – Unrecognized Database Format.||When this problem occurs use one of the following methods –
Method-1: alter the database to make sure that all column names are less than or equal to 32 characters.
Method-2: Make changes in the database to the .accdb file format. To use this format, you must alter the Connection string subsequent to the conversion.
The simplest method to convert is to use Microsoft Access 2010 or previous.
1. Bring Microsoft Access into action to open a database that includes an older file format.
2. You will be asked if you would prefer to convert. Select Yes furthermore store the database using the .accdb extension.
Method-3: Change the database to a recent .mdb file format. This doesn’t need a modification in the Connection string.
1. Apply Microsoft Access to access a database that has a previous format.
2. You will be inquired if you would prefer to convert. Choose Yes and accumulate the database using the .accdb extension.
3. Open the .accdb.
4. At last, From the File menu, click Save as and go with Access 2002-2003 Database.
Microsoft is working on a permanent resolution and estimates a fix will be available early February.
How to get KB4480976 for Windows 10 1803 Build 15063.1596
Prior to installing this update
Microsoft firmly suggests receiving the latest SSU before installing the latest cumulative update. Servicing Stack Update makes the reliability of the update process better to reduce potential issues.
Finally, If you have enabled Windows Update, the most recent “SSU KB4477137” will be automatically provided.
Download KB4480976 and Install
To manually Download KB4480976 as stand-alone package and install, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Source – Release note.