As another Tuesday patch day is here, a number of cumulative updates are rolling out but the highlights of KB4532693 are the same for version 1909 (18363.657) and 1903 (18362.657). Both these versions share a similar set of security improvements and fixes as well.
However, just like other patches, this one also does not contain any amazing feature but definitely put forwards several enhancements. Thankfully, no possible issues were documented and you can either grab it manually or let the download happen automatically.
KB4532693 for Windows 10 1909 18363.657, 1903 18362.657
Here is the list of enhancements and fixes that KB4532693 is offering –
Highlights for Windows 10 Version 1909
- As of now, no extra complications for this release are outlined.
- This build contains all the enhancements from its previous version, 1903. Find out its details in the below segment.
Highlights for Windows 10 Version 1903
- When updating to Windows 10, version 1903, there is an enhancement in the installation experience.
- It focuses on the problem that occurs while cloud printers during the upgrade procedure.
- Security updates to several Microsoft platforms like “Windows Virtualization, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Cryptography, Internet Explorer, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, and Windows Shell, Windows Network Security and Containers, Microsoft Edge, Windows Management, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Media, and Windows Server”.
With this release, Microsoft and the team are not aware of any issues.
How to Get KB4532693
This cumulative update also requires you to install the latest servicing stack update. This is quite important it takes up the update procedure to another level. And as a result, it definitely mitigates the potential complications that might occur while installing latest cumulative update (LCU).
Grab KB4532693 through Settings app and this is how you would proceed further –
- Open Windows Settings by using hotkey “Win logo+I”.
- Select Update & Security.
- Click Check for updates on the right pane to start detecting the available updates.
- Once the list comes up, click Download to avail the patch.
Alternatively, you can also visit the Microsoft Update Catalog for the manual procedure. Just search for the required KB and download the supported architecture file. Finally, install the update manually.
Source – Release note