As another Tuesday is here, Microsoft rolls out a series of cumulative updates where Windows 10 versions 1909 and 1903 share a common patch KB4556799. The patch incorporates updates for several Microsoft Office products, security enhancements while using input devices, and more. In addition, storing and management of files will be better, verification for usernames and passwords also receives an update.
The best thing about this update is that it does not have known issues as of now. Moreover, the software corporation provides different ways to grab this update. Explore the below section and find out rest of the details –
KB4556799 Windows 10
Here are the Details of KB4556799 for Windows 10 1909 and 1903 –
Highlights for Windows 10 1909 (OS Build 18363.836)
This patch contains quality enhancements and key modifications include –
- All the improvements from Windows 10, version 1903.
- For this roll out, no additional problems were listed for this release.
Highlights for Windows 10 1903 (OS Build 18362.836)
The list of enhancements includes –
- Security updates while using Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge as well.
- The 2020 start date for daylight saving time (in short DST) in the Kingdom of Morocco gets an update.
- Input devices like stylus, keyboard, or mouse receive security developments.
- Username and password verification get an update.
- Storing and managing files will also have updates.
- Security updates to various Microsoft Office products are released including “Microsoft Edge, Windows Network Security and Containers, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Authentication, Windows Linux, Windows Active Directory, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Shell, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Kernel, Windows Input and Composition, Internet Explorer, Windows Update Stack, Microsoft JET Database Engine, Windows Media, Windows Cryptography, and Microsoft Xbox”.
Currently, the giant software corporation does not have any issues with this patch.
How to Get KB4556799
Before installing this cumulative update, there are certain things that your computer should meet up. You need to grab and install the latest servicing stack update (SSU) prior to proceeding with this patch. This small step will ensure the reliability of the entire update procedure to bypass possible problems that may occur while installing Latest Cumulative Update (LCU). Moreover, this is also applicable during the application of Microsoft security fixes as well.
You can make the download and installation process automatic and to do so –
- Open Windows Settings and click Update & Security.
- Select Check for updates.
- Wait for the system to detect and list down all the available updates. Click Download.
- If the update requires a reboot, carry it out for complete installation.
As an alternative, navigate to Microsoft Update Catalog, download the compatible version, and install manually.
Source – Release Note