Windows 10 1909 and 1903 and other versions have received September 2020 Microcode updates today. In addition, the package is also for Windows Server 2019. Microsoft recommends installing this latest patch available for Intel CPUs.
You will get the update automatically until you haven’t changed the default settings of “Windows update”. Furthermore, you are able to install after downloading the appropriate file from the Microsoft update catalog site.
KB4558130 September 2020 Intel Microcode Updates
The update is pushed for different models of Intel CPU products updated on September 1, 2020.
Intel recently declared that it has performed software validations and has started to deliver new microcode for current CPU platforms in reaction to the below threats –
CVE-2019-11091 – Microarchitectural Data Sampling Uncacheable Memory (MDSUM)
CVE-2018-12126 – Microarchitectural Store Buffer Data Sampling (MSBDS)?
CVE-2018-12127 – Microarchitectural Load Port Data Sampling (MLPDS)
CVE-2018-12130 – Microarchitectural Fill Buffer Data Sampling (MFBDS)
A long list of processors is provided allowing you to check and install the update.
How to install September 2020 Intel Microcode Updates
You can install KB4558130 using 2 methods –
1. Via the Windows update
- Click Start, type updates and then hit enter key on your keyboard.
- Settings will prompt you to take to the Windows update page.
- Select the Check for Updates.
- The system will scan and download the patch.
2. Through the Microsoft update catalog
- Visit the download page of the catalog.
- Locate the file competent with your system specs and download the same.
- Alternatively, direct download KB4558130 from the following links –
|x64 (AMD64)||Windows 10 1909 or 1903||Download|
|x86||Windows 10 1909 or 1903||Download|
|x64 (AMD64)||Windows Server, version 2004||Download|
- Double click the standalone file and install the Microcode update.
Source – Microsoft Release note.