A new Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 4.8 and 3.5 (“20 August 2020”) arrive at Windows 10 1903, Windows Server 1903 RTM, Windows 10 1909, and Windows Server 1909. KB4570723 is the patch that includes cumulative reliability improvements.
You have the ability to download the Cumulative update preview automatically unless you have changed built-in Settings.
KB4570723 .NET Framework 4.8, 3.5 for Windows 10 1909 and 1903
Changelog of the 20 August 2020 cumulative update –
|CLR1||– Addresses an issue in some 32 bit apps where, in certain scenarios, the JIT might omit a function call – Improved support for cleaning up private temporary certificate keys|
|WPF2||– Addresses an issue with a null-reference crash in automation code, arising from re-entrancy when reconnection to a remote desktop.|
Note – CLR indicates Common Language Runtime and WPF hints Windows Presentation Foundation.
You must have already installed .NET Framework 4.8 or 3.5 to apply the preview update.
You require to restart the computer after you apply this patch if any affected files are being used. Before start installing the update close all .NET Framework-based applications.
How to download KB4570723 and install
Via Windows update
- Open Windows Settings
- Selerct Update & Security.
- Click the Windows update from right pane.
- Let the downloading of the cumulative update complete and select Install now in the end.
Using Microsoft update catalog
- Go to the Microsoft update catalog and download the appropriate file from there.
- Once downloading gets over, double click on the file to complete the installation.
Source – Release note.