Deliverance of Tuesday monthly patches for October 2020 is beginning for different versions to improve the qualities of Windows. KB4578968 .NET Framework 4.8, 3.5 Windows 10 2004 update is present now. Windows 10 2004 and Windows Server users can now install this to experience cumulative reliability improvements. See September 2020 update here – KB4576945.
You will download KB4578968 through Windows update automatically alternatively you can install the same by taking it from Microsoft catalog site.
KB4578968 .NET Framework 4.8, 3.5 Windows 10 2004 update
Here is the change –
An information disclosure vulnerability exists when the .NET Framework improperly handles objects in memory. An attacker who successfully exploited the vulnerability could disclose contents of an affected system’s memory. To exploit the vulnerability, an authenticated attacker would need to run a specially crafted application. The update addresses the vulnerability by correcting how the .NET Framework handles objects in memory.
How to download KB4578968 and install on Windows 10 2004
First of all, close every .NET Framework-based application before installing this update.
1] Through Automatic Windows update
If you don’t receive the patch automatically then follow the method –
- Open Windows Settings (Win+I).
- Click the – Update & Security.
- Select the – Check for updates.
- After the completion of the download, choose the – Install now.
The computer will reboot one or times to finish installing successfully the .Net framework cumulative update.
1] From the site Microsoft update catalog
- Go to this page – https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=4578968
- Dig out the file matching with your system requirements such as architecture (x86, x64, ARM64).
- Click the – Download.
- Right-click the MSU file and choose Open from context.
- The KB4578968 Windows Standalone installer will explore the system if the patch isn’t installed previously and then prompts a confirmation box. Select the – Yes.