Another update for the Release Preview Channel is available for the 20H2 version. KB4580364 has arrived as a cumulative update increasing its version no. to 19042.608. So the insiders who installed Windows 10 2009 October 2020 Update will receive this LCU. This update will also be rolled out to Windows Insiders in the Beta Channel later today.
You can obtain this 20H2 cumulative update through the automatic Windows update.
KB4580364 for Windows 10 20H2 19042.608
Here is KB4580364 for Windows 10 20H2 19042.608 changelog –
- The build provides you the ability to remove and add Meet Now to taskbar. You don’t need to sign-ups or download.
- The Microsoft experts fixed the Group Policy Preferences issue to configure the homepage in Internet Explorer.
- They gave administrators the ability to use a Group Policy to enable Save Target As for users in Microsoft Edge IE Mode.
- KB4580364 fixed an issue with untrusted URL navigations from IE11 by opening them in Microsoft Defender Application Guard using Microsoft Edge.
- Also, Windows 10 Build 19042.608 fixed an issue that occurs when using the full suite of developer tools in Microsoft Edge for remote debugging on a Windows 10 device.
- The experts fixed blank screen for five minutes or more during the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) session.
- They fixed Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) users fail to search for files using File Explorer.
- Furthermore, they fixed a device stops responding after you have been using a pen for several hours.
- This 20H2 update settled an application stops responding temporarily problem, which led to extra z-order operations resulting in affecting the Topmost property of a window.
- The build fixed DDE apps that stop working.
- Furthermore, the developers fixed an issue that causes the ImmGetCompositionString()function to return the full-width Hiragana when using the Microsoft Input Method Editor (IME) for Japanese instead of returning the half-width Katakana.
- They fixed first sign in to an account or unlock an existing user session problem that occurred when using Remote Desktop Services. Actually, when you enter a wrong password, the current keyboard layout changes unexpectedly to the system default keyboard layout. This change might induce additional tries to sign in to fail or lead to account lockouts in domains with low account lockout thresholds.
- They fixed incorrect CPU frequency occurring for certain processors.
- The developers rectified a performance issue that occurs when PowerShell reads the registry to verify if the ScriptBlockLogging registry key is in the registry.
- They fixed randomly change in the time offset of the time format returned by the command exeOS Get localdatetime/ value.
- The build fixed Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) can not assign the Microsoft Outlook Signatures.
- KB4580364 fixed Hybrid Azure Active Directory joined devices that cannot update portal information when a device name or Windows version changes.
- The cumulative update fixed the Smart Cards for Windows service that can not start.
- LCU for Windows 10 2004 added a new Microsoft Event Tracing for Windows (ETW) provider namely Microsoft-Antimalware-UacScan. This ETW provider informs the details of the context for each UAC request in the ETW provider manifest.
- The build fixed VPN connections that use Secured Password (EAP-MSCHAP v2) for authentication and have enabled the Automatically use my Windows logon user name and password property. When you connect to this type of Virtual Private Network, an authentication dialog box incorrectly initiates for your credentials.
- Windows 10 build 19042.608 will display Recovery Partitions in the diskpart utility.
- The Microsoft experts fixed stop error 0xd1 in sys. This problem occurs when moving certain arrays from one cluster node to another.
- They fixed IAutomaticUpdatesResults::get_LastInstallationSuccessDatemethod to return 1601/01/01 when there are no active updates.
- The build added support for TLS 1.2 and 1.1 protocols when connecting to SQL Server using the data providers in WDAC.
- Also, they fixed SQL Server performance issues that occur if you configure a Linked Server provider to load out-of-process.
- KB4580364 fixed degrade in Windows performance and because of which it fails the LanmanServer service cannot start when 3rd-party software uses LanmanServer custom file system controls (FSCTL).
- The LCU for Windows 10 2004 fixed the deduplication problem that causes long wait times on Resilient File System (ReFS) Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV).
- The cumulative patch some applications that don’t behave correctly. This problem occurs when you publish them as RAIL applications using RDS and change the docking for an AppBar
- The LCU fixed a deadlock in TCP/IP driver that causes the OS to stop working or responding.
- The developers fixed RRAS that stop responding for new connections. However, the same RRAS continues working for existing connections.
- Windows 10 build 19042.608 fixed the RRAS administrator MMC that stops responding randomly when you are performing administrative tasks or at startup.
- Finally, the build fixed starting WSL2 on ARM64 devices that occurs after installing KB4579311.