On 20 October 2020, Microsoft has rolled out an additional set of patches for some versions of Windows. KB4580980 is a part of this available for Windows 10 1909 and 1903 as LCU for .Net framework 4.5 and 3.8. The patch will work for regular maintenance after you receive this.
You can download KB4580980 via Windows update as well as Microsoft update catalog to install it.
KB4580980 for .NET Framework 4.8, 3.5 Windows 10 1909 and 1903 Rolled out
Here is the changelog –
Quality and reliability improvements
WPF1 – Addressed a regression from a previous update, arising when two HostVisual elements disconnect at the same time.
– Addressed a crash and/or hang when typing into a TextBox in a WPF app, when the OS feature “use text cursor indicator” is enabled.
SQL – Addressed an issue in System.Data.SqlClient where querying string columns would fail if the database had a Kazakh collation.
The new LCU aka Cumulative update, delivered in the second half of October 2020, is available for Windows 10 v1903, Windows Server 1903, Windows 10 v1909, and Windows Server 1909. As usual, the release comprises cumulative reliability improvements in .NET Framework 4.8 and 3.5.
To receive this update you must have the .Net framework 4.8 and 3.5 already installed furthermore you must have to restart your computer to complete the installation.
How to download the 20 Oct Cumulative update and install
1. Using automatic Windows update
- Click the Start, type updates, and hit the – Enter.
- Select the – Check for updates.
- Allow the downloading of the patch to finish and show an Install now button.
- Click the – “Install now”.
2. Via Microsoft update catalog site
- Go to the KB4580980 direct download link here – https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=4580980
- Find the correct file meeting with your System architecture and click the Download adjacent to that.
- Reach the Downloads folder and click the patch’s .msu file.
- The installer will scan if any previous similar update hasn’t been already installed and ask you to confirm.
- Click Yes and the installation will be conducted.