In the course of the rollout of the Patch Tuesday update, we have already covered KB4592438 and KB4592449. Today, KB4592440 has arrived for Windows 10 1809. This security update increases the version to OS Build 17763.1637. And KB4592446 has been released for Windows 10 1803.
You are able to download each of the patches on the respective editions v1809 and v1803 applying the built-in Windows update.
KB4592440, KB4592446 For the versions Windows 10 1809, 1803 update
Here is the changelog –
1] KB4592440 for Windows 10 1809
- The patch works on a security vulnerability by blocking applications that run as a SYSTEM account from printing to FILE: ports. To address this issue in the future, ensure your apps or services run as a specific user or service account.
- The LCU incorporates Security updates to Windows Fundamentals, Edge Legacy browser, the Graphics Component, Virtualization, and Windows Media.
You may encounter an error 0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND after receiving KB4493509.
The error code appears if devices have some Asian language packs installed.
|Follow Manage the input and display language settings in Windows 10 and uninstall then again install the language pack.|
2. Select Check for Updates and install the April 2019 Cumulative Update, see Update Windows 10.
Important – If the above method doesn’t work then reset your PC –
Microsoft is preparing for a resolution and will push an update in a further release.
If you are using Windows Update, the latest SSU () will be offered to you automatically. To get the standalone package for the latest SSU, search for it in the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- This LCU addresses PDF24 app, version 9.1.1, that cannot open .txt files.
- Furthermore, it addresses a security vulnerability by preventing applications that run as a SYSTEM account from printing to FILE: ports. In order to address this problem in the future, confirm that your apps or services run as a service account or specific user.
- KB4592446 carries updates for Windows Virtualization, Microsoft Edge Legacy browser, Windows Media, Windows Fundamentals, and Microsoft Graphics Component.
How to download the updates
Now reach Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows update and select – Check for updates.
Once the download is completed select – Restart now and wait until the installation gets over.
KB4592446 direct download link – https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4592446
KB4592440 direct download link – https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4592440