We have already covered KB4598242 and KB4598229 released for Windows 10 2004 and 1909 yesterday on Patch Tuesday. In addition, Microsoft has also released a bunch of patches for different components. These include KB4598245 and KB4598230 which are available to Windows 10 version 1803 and 1809.
You are able to download the patches through the automatic Windows updates on the respective versions. Furthermore, you can receive the same from the Microsoft update catalog.
KB4598230 and KB4598245 for Windows 1809 and 1803
Here is the changelog –
Improvements and fixes
- LCU patch works on a timing problem on print servers that might send print jobs to the wrong print queue.
- Furthermore, the update addresses a security vulnerability concern with HTTPS-based intranet servers. Subsequent to installing, HTTPS-based intranet servers fail to use a user proxy to identify updates by default. Scanning using these servers will not function in case you have not configured a system proxy on the clients. In order to use a user proxy, you require configure the behavior through the policy – Allow user proxy to be used as a fallback if detection using system proxy fails. To confirm the greatest levels of security, also use WSUS TLS certificate pinning on all devices. This modification doesn’t affect users who are using HTTP WSUS servers.
- Addresses a security bypass vulnerability that exists in the way the Printer Remote Procedure Call (RPC) binding handles authentication for the remote Winspool interface. For more information, see KB4599464.
- The cumulative update works on running chkdsk /f might damage the file system and prevent them from starting up.
- The LCU patch brings security updates to the components Windows Media, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Kernel, Windows Virtualization, Windows Peripherals, Windows Cryptography, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, and Windows Hybrid Storage Services.
|After receiving KB4493509, devices with some Asian language packs installed may encounter the error 0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND||1. Remove and then install recently added language packs. For instructions, see Manage the input and display language settings in Windows 10.|
2. Click – Check for Updates and install the April 2019 LCU.
Important – If reinstalling the language pack fails to mitigate the error, follow the method to reset your PC –
1. Open Settings app => Recovery.
2. Click Get Started below the Reset this PC.
3. Select – Keep my Files.
Microsoft is trying to resolve and will push an update in an forthcoming release.
How to download KB4598230 and install
Before you begin, ensure to have the latest Servicing Stack Update KB4598480 installed. Now follow the method –
1. Using Windows update
Go to Settings => Update & Security => Windows update and select – Check for updates.
2. From Microsoft update catalog
- Click the KB4598230 direct download link – https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4598230.
- Download the appropriate file for your system and then double click and install.
Improvements and Fixes
- The first LCU patch for 2021 prolongs Microsoft Defender for the Endpoint support to new regions.
- It tries to resolve a security vulnerability problem with HTTPS-based intranet servers. The HTTPS-based intranet servers becomes unable to use a user proxy to identify updates by default configuration. Scanning via these servers will break if you have not configured a system proxy on the clients. For using a user proxy, set the policy saying – Allow user proxy to be used as a fallback if detection using system proxy fails. To set the greatest levels of security, also use WSUS TLS certificate pinning on all devices. This alteration does not affect users who are using HTTP WSUS servers.
- The cumulative update tries to fix a security bypass vulnerability that lives in the way the Printer RPC binding handles authentication for the remote Winspool interface. For further information, see KB4599464.
- This LCU Patch carries the Security updates to the components Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Fundamentals, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Cryptography, Windows Virtualization,Windows Media, Windows Peripherals, Windows Hybrid Storage Services, and Windows Kernel.
The update has no known issue so far.
How to download KB4598245 and install
Ensure to have the most recent SSU KB4580398 installed on your system before starting to receive this LCU patch. Now follow the method –
1. Using Windows update
Navigate to Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows update and then select the – Check for updates.
2. Via Microsoft update catalog
- Go to KB4598245 direct download link – https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4598245
- Download the file suitable for your computer and double click the .MSU to install the patch.