A non security patch is out today! KB5004476 is the release that includes SSU for all the 3 versions Windows 10 2004, 20H2, and 21H1. The out-of-band update increases the versions to 19041.1055, 19042.1055, and 19043.1055 respectively.
KB5004476 works on Gaming Services installing issue on Windows 10 that throws error 0x80073D26 or 0x8007139F.
Non-Security update KB5004476 for Windows 10 21H1, 20H2, 2004
Here is the changelog –
This rollout carries SSU for all the 3 versions to enhance the Windows update experience.
The patch addresses an issue that might redirect you to the Store page for Gaming Services. This problem occurs when you try to install or start an Xbox Game Pass game with error code 0x8007139F or 0x80073D26. For details, see KB5004327.
There are several known issues in this release just same as in the Patch Tuesday update.
How to download KB5004476 and install
Ascertain to install the KB5003173 if you planned to receive the release. Now follow either of the 2 methods –
1. Going through automatic Windows update –
- Press the – Winlogo key from the keyboard.
- Type – updates.
- Hit the – Enter.
- Now, click the – Check for updates.
- Wait until some time when the none security update is downloaded. Click – Install now. The system will reboot 2-3 times and install the version.
2. Via Microsoft update catalog –
- Click the KB5004476 direct download link – Microsoft update catalog.
- Go to Settings > System > About and see which version is installed on your computer.
- Locate the appropriate file for your system matching the version and architecture and click the – Download.
- Once completed, right-click on the Standalone file and choose – Install.