Windows 11 is conceding its opening package of security patch. After the release, today is the first Patch Tuesday, so, cumulative update is being rolled out to this version the first time. KB5006674 is the rollout that addresses compatibility issues between some Intel Killer and SmartByte networking software and this version. The LCU October 2021 increases the version to Windows 11 22000.258.
The Windows 11 October 2021 cumulative update brings a fix for website loading and media streaming slower due to compatibility bug.
KB5006674 Windows 11 changes, fixes, and known issues
Here is the changelog –
Bug fixes and Improvements
Addresses known compatibility issues between some Intel “Killer” and “SmartByte” networking software and Windows 11 (original release). Devices with the affected software might drop User Datagram Protocol (UDP) packets under certain conditions. This creates performance and other issues for protocols based on UDP. For example, some websites might load slower than others on the affected devices, which might cause videos to stream slower in certain resolutions. VPN solutions based on UDP might also be slower.
The patch has no known issue.
How to download KB5006674 in Windows 11 and install
Preparatory to install KB5006674, make sure that the most recent Servicing stack update is already installed on the device. If not, then go to Microsoft update catalog, download the SSU and manually install it. Now follow the methods and steps –
1] Via auto Windows update
- Press Winkey+I.
- Click Windows update from the Settings app homepage.
- Select – Check for updates.
- The patch will be downloaded in a while depending on the internet speed on your device. Click Restart now when asked.
2] Through manual method means from Microsoft update catalog
- Click KB5006674 direct download link.
- Discover the file that is suitable for your device’s architecture.
- Click the Download button for that file.
- A separate page will prompt showing a solitary link. Click it.
- One the .MSU file is downloaded, double click on it.
- Follow the on-screen guidelines until the installation is over.