November 2021 Patch Tuesday update has arrived at Windows 10 21H1, 20H2, and 2004 laden with bug fixes and improvements. KB5007186 is the release that increases the version number to Windows 10 19043.1320, 19042.1320, 19041.1320 respectively.
Cumulative update KB5007186 for Windows 10 2004, 20H2, and 21H1 is rolling with some know issues and a great number of performance improvements.
KB5007186 For Windows 10 21H1, 20H2, 2004
Here is the changelog –
The company has addressed multiple bugs via 10/11/2021 cumulative update for Windows 10 2004 or later.
Addresses an issue in which certain apps might have unexpected results when rendering some user interface elements or when drawing within the app. You might encounter this issue with apps that use GDI+ and set a zero (0) width pen object on displays with high dots per inch (DPI) or resolution, or if the app is using scaling.
|This is a prevalent issue according to which if you have installed via Windows installations created from custom ISO image or offline media, Microsoft Edge legacy night not be replaced with new New Chromium browser version of Microsoft Edge. Actually, the Legacy is wiped out but not substituted in this case. This problem is only confronted when either ISO or custom offline media are created by slipstreaming this update into the image. In this process, you haven’t first installed the SSU released 29/09/2021 or later.
Attention – If your device is connected straight to Windows Update to receive updates no problem to worry about. This also comprises devices that have Windows Update for Business. In brief, a device should receive the most recent SSU and LCU without any unnecessary additional steps.
|Start with slipstreaming 29/21/2021 SSU or subsequent into either ISO or custom offline media before slipstreaming the Cumulative patch. In order to do this with the combined LCU and SSU packages now used for Windows 10 20H2 and Windows 10 2004, you will need to unpack the Servicing stack update from the combined package. Use the underneath instructions to extract the using SSU:
1. Unpack the cab from the MSU via this command line (using the package for KB5005565 as an example): expand Windows10.0-KB5005565-x64.msu /f:Windows10.0-KB5005565-x64.cab <destination path>
2. Extract the SSU from the previously extracted cab via this command line: expand Windows10.0-KB5005565-x64.cab /f:* <destination path>
3. You will then have the SSU cab, in this example named SSU-19041.1237-x64.cab. Slipstream this file into your offline image first, then the LCU.
|After installing the June 21, 2021 (KB5003690) update, some devices cannot install new updates, such as the July 6, 2021 (KB5004945) or later updates. You will receive the error message, “PSFX_E_MATCHING_BINARY_MISSING“.||To know details and workaround go to – KB5005322.|
|This LCU may cause the failure of authentication via smart card if it is used through Remote Desktop connection linked to an untrusted domain. A message might be thrown like – Your credentials did not work. The credentials that were used to connect to [device name] did not work. Please enter new credentials. and The login attempt failed in red.||You can fix this problem via Known Issue Rollback (KIR). Keep in mind that it might take maximum 24 hours for the resolution to propagate automatically to non-managed business furthermore non-managed personal devices. Rebooting might help the resolution apply to the device quicker. Particularly gor enterprise-managed devices that have installed an affected update and confronted this mess, it can be rectified by installing and configuring a special Group Policy shown below.
Important – You will have to restart the device when you have configured the special Group Policy. For support, kindly navigate to – How to use Group Policy to deploy a Known Issue Rollback. To see the common things about using Group Policies, read – Group Policy Overview.
Group Policy installation files – Windows Server 2022
Important – double check that you are using the correct Group Policy relevant to the Windows version.
|10/112021 LCU rollout might cause, Windows print clients to face –
These errors occur when connecting to a remote printer shared on a Windows print server:
Remark – These problems are specific to print servers and are not usually found on the printers for home use. These issues are more mostly encountered in organizations and enterprises.
|To find the workarounds and the most recent status of this issue, go to –
OS Build 19041.1288
The experts in the team are presently investigating and will send an update in a future release.
How to download KB5007186 Windows 10 and install
First of all, ensure that your system has already grabbed the appropriate SSU aka Servicing Stack update and then move ahead to install this Cumulative update –
1] Through auto Windows update
- Click on the Start and type – updates.
- Hit – Enter.
- Once the Settings app is upfront, click the – Check for updates.
- Windows 10 will instantly begin scanning to find out this security patch. Once found, downloading will be started automatically,
- When the process is completed, you will be asked to reboot your system; click – Restart now.
2] Via Manual method
- Click KB5007186 direct download link. This will take you to the official website of Microsoft update catalog.
- Explore the files there and located the one that is relevant for your system.
- Click Download from the far right.
- A separate page will prompt; click on the solitary link lying there.
- The MSU file of the patch will be downloaded quickly depending on the Internet speed.
- Right-click on the file and select – Install.
- Finally, pursue the onscreen guidelines and complete the patch installation.