Security update has arrived for the month of March 2022 to all Windows versions bringing many changes, bug fixes, and improvements. KB5011493 is the new release for Windows having resolutions for the Reset PC bug. This rollout increases the OS build version to Windows 11 22000.556.
Full name of this update is 2022-03 cumulative update for x64-based system (KB5011493) where x64 is variable. The patch also brings some known issues which you can see in the following portion of this post.
Windows update KB5011493 March 08, 2022
Here is the changelog –
Changes and bug fixes
- Addresses a known issue that occurs when you attempt to reset a Windows device and its apps have folders that contain reparse data, such as Microsoft OneDrive or Microsoft OneDrive for Business. When you select Remove everything, files that have been downloaded or synced locally from Microsoft OneDrive might not be deleted. Some devices might take up to seven (7) days after you install this update to fully address the issue and prevent files from persisting after a reset. For immediate effect, you can manually trigger Windows Update Troubleshooter using the instructions in Windows Update Troubleshooter.
There is no known issue in this patch.
How to download KB5011493 and install it on Windows 11
Confirm that the most recent Servicing Stack Update 22000.469 is already installed on your system and then start with following either of the procedures –
1] Using Auto Windows update
- Click on Search.
- Type – updates.
- Hit – Enter.
- Once the Settings application loads, click on – Check for updates.
- The system will complete downloading the patch in some moments depending on the speed of your internet.
- You will get a prompt in the end; click on – Restart now.
2] Manual method through Microsoft update catalog
- Click on KB5011493 direct download link.
- This will take you to the Microsoft update catalog; the storehouse of all Windows updates.
- Once reached, find the file compatible for your PC from the files for x64, x86, and ARM64.
- Click – Download.
- Once downloaded, go to the folder location and double click on the file having .MSU format.
- Confirm the process by clicking on – Yes.