On Patch Tuesday, July 12, 2022, Windows updates started to be rolled out a while ago. KB5015807 is the release for Windows 10 22H2 and 21H2. The patch will increase the Operating System version to Windows 10 build 19044.1806, 19042.1806, and 19043.1806.
Full name of this release is 2022-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based System (KB5015807) where x64 is variable and it can be x86 or ARM64. KB 5015807 brings so many bug fixes, improvements, and changes which can be downloaded using the link at the end of this post.
Windows 10 KB5015807 Security update Changes fixes, download links
Here is the changelog –
Bug fixes and changes –
- Addresses an issue that redirects the PowerShell command output so that transcript logs do not contain any output of the command. Consequently, the decrypted password is lost.
|An update was rolled out to replace the Microsoft Edge Legacy version the Chromium version On Windows 10. But unfortunately, if you have used custom ISO image or custom offline media to create Windows installation media the browser couldn’t be replaced. The legacy version was removed but the new browser was not installed. The problem occurred on the computer on which ISO images or custom offline media are generated by slipstreaming this update into the image without having initially installed the SSU delivered on 29/03/2021 or later.
Attention: If you have computer that is straightway connected to Windows Update to obtain updates it would not be affected. Windows Update for Business is among them.
|If want not to encounter this problem, initially slipstream the Servicing Stack Update 29/03/2021 or later into the ISO image or custom offline media prior to slipstreaming the CU. To execute with the combined LCU and SSU packages used for Windows 10 v20H2 and Windows 10 v 2004, you will need to unpack the SSU from the combined package. Follow the below steps to extract the Servicing Stack Update:
1. First of all, unpack the cab from the .msu through command line (using the package for KB5015807 as an instance): expand Windows10.0-KB5015807-x64.msu /f:Windows10.0-KB5015807-x64.cab <destination path>
2. Now, Extract the Servicing Stack Update from the previously unpacked cab using this command line: expand Windows10.0-KB5015807-x64.cab /f:* <destination path>
3. You will then have the SSU cab, in this example named SSU-19042.1826-x64.cab. Slipstream this file into your offline image first, then the Latest Cumulative Update.
Straight away install the new Microsoft Edge Chromium version. if you have already confronted this issue. If you are required to broadly deploy the new browser, go through – Download and deploy Microsoft Edge for business.
|Subsequent to obtaining the rollout dated 21/06/2021 (KB5003690), some devices cannot install new updates, for example, 06/07/2021 (KB5004945) or further updates. PSFX_E_MATCHING_BINARY_MISSING will show up.||To know detail navigate to – KB5005322.|
|This update might cause IE mode tabs in Microsoft Edge to stop responding when a site shows a modal dialog box. If you want to know what is a modal dialog box then it is a form or dialog box that requires the user to respond before proceeding or interacting with other portions of the webpage or app.
Developer Note Sites affected by this issue call window.focus.
|In fact, this issue is resolved via KIR aka Known Issue Rollback. Remember that it might consume up to 24 hours for the fix to propagate automatically to non-managed business devices and consumer devices. Rebooting the device might help the resolution apply faster. Particularly enterprise-managed devices that have installed an affected patch and came across this problem can settle it by installing and configuring the following Group Policy. Navigate to – How to use Group Policy to deploy a Known Issue Rollback.
Group Policy download with Group Policy name:
§ Download for Windows 10, version 20H2 and Windows 10, version 21H1 – Windows 10 20H2, 21H1 and 21H2 KB5014023 220624_22551 Known Issue Rollback
Remember, you will have to install and configure the Group Policy to resolve this issue.
How to download KB5015807 and install on Windows 10 22H2 and 21H2
Going to start installing KB5015807, Stay a while, and check whether the most recent SSU is already installed on your computer. Once you are sure follow any of the below methods –
1] Through Auto Windows update
- Click – Start.
- Type updates.
- Hit Enter.
- The system will automatically begin checking for the update which is rolled just before. Downloading of the build will be finished and you will get a pop up to choose when you want to install the patch by restarting.
- Select – Restart.
2] Using manual method
- Go to KB5015807 direct download link.
- You will get at Microsoft update catalog website displaying all editions of July 2022 cumulative update KB. Find the file supporting your computer and Windows version.
- Click on Download.
- Select the lone link lying on the separate pop up.
- Once the .MSU extension standalone package is downloaded, go to the location and double click on the File.
- Finally, click Yes on the Verification prompt.