Devices can receive the Microsoft Update Health Tools as an update through Windows Update, specifically as KB4023057. The update is designed to be relevant for both Windows consumer and commercial devices, albeit with some nuances in its intended purpose and functionality. For Windows consumer devices, KB4023057 aims to resolve any issues that may arise and ensure the smooth operation of Windows Update. Furthermore, Commercial devices are advised to utilize this for managing Feature and Quality Updates via WUfB Deployment Service. See: Windows 11 KB5025800 OOBE Update Rolled out to 22H2.
The utilization of KB4023057 Microsoft Update Health Tools is necessary for expediting security patches via Microsoft Graph and Microsoft Intune. If your device is connected to the services and has automatic updates enabled, the tool should install automatically. However, if your device is not receiving regular quality updates, this may be due to low disk space or inactivity and may prevent the installation of the Update Health Tools. In such cases, you may attempt to initiate a regular scan, or manually download and install the Update Health Tools from the Microsoft Download Center if it is not already received on your device. Read Windows 10 Update Disable Tool [Download].
KB4023057 Microsoft Update Health Tools to Expedite Windows update Service components
Here is How to download and install Microsoft Update Health Tools KB4023057 in Windows 11 or 10 –
- Go to – Unified Health Tools. For older versions, navigate to Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Click on Download.
- Navigate to the Downloads folder and right-click on Expedite_packages.zip and select Extract All….
- Browse the extracted folder and reach the folders where tools for Windows 11 21H2, Windows 11 22H2+, and Windows 10 are located.
- Open the folder that you need and open UpdHealthTools.msi.
- The Microsoft Update Health Tool will be automatically installed and you have nothing to do now.
- To check whether the app is installed properly go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Update Health Tools. If this folder exists then all is good.
- To ensure the service is running, type services.msc in Search and press Enter.
- Find Microsoft Update Health Service and see if it is running.
- In case, this service isn’t running, double-click on it.
- In the Startup type dropdown menu select Automatic.
- Click on Apply.
- From the Service Status, click on Start.
- If the KB4023057 Microsoft Update Health Service is not running and showing:
“Windows couldn’t start the Microsoft Update Health Service service on local computer. Error 1503: The service didn’t respond to the Start or control request in a timely fashion.”
You might have to unblock the following endpoints if they are blocked in the device’s firewall settings or an upstream firewall:
1] *.blob.core.windows.net port 443
2] deploymentscheduler.microsoft.com port 443
3] Devicelistenerprod.microsoft.com port 443
4] If your tenant is in the EU region:
5] devicelistenerprod.eudb.microsoft.com port 443
Note: To be true I am unable to find a solution to this error. You can suggest what can I do to enable the service.
Source: Release note.