Snipping tool is a great built-in utility in Windows to capture screenshot and record screen as well. Unfortunately, screenshot taking utility does not work properly and shows some glitches when used. Snipping Tool Automatically minimizes after taking snip in Windows 11 or 10 and users are unable to directly access the screenshot they have taken. However, we have written a detailed guide to Fix Snipping Tool not working in Windows 11 (Solved!) but this topic is not included in that because it occurs because of a recent bug. So, this post will tell you the ways to Fix Snipping Tool Automatically minimizes after taking snip in Windows.
This Snipping tool problem is likely to appear because of bugs in Windows and many users have submitted feedback for the same. Still, any resolution is not made available from Microsoft but we are trying to give here some possible methods that can help you fix the minimizing issue.
Snipping Tool Automatically minimizes after taking snip in Windows
Here is How to Fix Snipping Tool Automatically minimizes after taking snip in Windows –
Way-1: Disable running the app in background
Windows 11 and 10 have a setting for every built-in program Under Background apps permissions that allows it to run in background. This setting is likely to conserve a large amount of computer resources and help in the smooth functioning of applications as well. You need to optimize this setting to solve Snipping Tool Automatically minimizing problem. So, follow the steps:
- Press – Winkey+I.
- Select – Apps.
- Go to the right panel and find Snipping tool.
- Click on the ellipsis (3-dots icon) and select – Advanced options.
- Click the option under “Background apps permissions“.
- Select Never from the Let this app run in background dropdown.
Way-2: Uninstall and Reinstall Snipping tool
Snipping Tool Automatically minimizes after taking snip in Windows 11 or 10 might occur due to corruption in appdata of this program. Again you can try repairing, resetting, and reinstalling this program from Settings app using the following instructions:
- Go to Advanced options of Snipping tool following the steps mentioned in Way-1.
- Click on Repair and see if the app is working well.
- If it isn’t, then click on Reset. Confirm the popup by clicking on “Reset”.
- Again check the tool.
- In case, the issue still persists, click on Uninstall. Once more click on “Uninstall” when a pop-up appears.
- Then, open Microsoft Store and type Snipping tool in the search bar.
- Select the same from result dropdown.
- Click on Get and try Snipping after the completion of installation.
Way-3: Bring SFC /Scannow and DISM tool into use
One of the possible reasons for Snipping tool minimizing issues is corrupted system files or installation components. SFC and DISM are 2 integral tools that have the capability to deal with these faults in Windows so bring them into use with below steps:
- Click on Start and type cmd.exe.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
- Select Yes when the User account control box appears.
- On Administrator: Command Prompt, type
- Then, hit the Enter key.
- Wait until the Command prompt shows “Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.” and restart your computer.
- Check if Snipping tool is working fine now.
- Supposing the issue continues, open Administrator: Command Prompt once more.
- Then execute the following command one at a time:
dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
- Once finished, reboot the device and see whether the problem is solved.
Hope these 3 methods will help you to Fix Snipping Tool Automatically minimizes after taking snip in Windows 11 or 10.