This is an annoying problem for those who work on a Laptop or PC connected to Modem to access internet. Actually, during a user is accessing internet on PC or Laptop with a modem (Whether it is Photon, Airtel, Idea Net Setter or anyone else), suddenly internet accessing is stopped causelessly and when he tries to reconnect the modem it shows error like Modem is already in use or not configured Properly. He tries once again, but the problem doesn’t go. A Situation like this is very disturbing and annoying for a user.
You may like to read:
- How to Fix USB Modem or Dongle or Data Card Connection Problems
- How to connect Photon Plus in Computer or Laptop
- How to Connect Idea Net setter to Computer or Laptop
To solve this problem, you don’t need to be a techie. Here, tips are being given using which you can fix the error in moments. So follow the tips given below:
Fix Modem is already in use or not configured Properly in PC or Laptop
For Windows 7 users
1. Open My Computer on you Desktop.
2. Click Open Control Panel on the ribbon of My Computer.
3. A new window will be opened. Click Device Manager.
4. A new window of Device Manager prompts. Make a double click on Modem.
4. After double clicking on Modems, A file having the name of your modem appears. For Example, I am using Photon Plus named Olive. If this modem would be of Idea Net Setter, then it will show a different name as Huawei or something else. Right click on this driver file.
5. A menu will appear before you. Here, click on Update Driver Software 2-3 times. Now restart your Computer or Laptop. Your problem is solved. You can connect your Modem to PC or Laptop.
For Windows 8, 10 users
For windows 8 here I am not giving images because tips are almost symmetrical to Windows 8.
- Make a double-click on Computer (This PC in Windows 10) to open.
- Now click on Manage on the upper part of the Window.
- A new window comes. Here, click on Device Manager on the left side of the Window.
- Now on the left side of this Windows double-click on Modem.
- Below the Modem, the file name of your Modem opens. Make right-click the name and select Update Driver Software.
Now close all opened windows and restart your PC. Connect Modem. The internet will be accessed. If you feel any problem write in the comment.
If the Problem Still Persists
If the problem is not fixed then follow one more step to eradicate:
- Go to Control Panel => Network and Sharing Center => Change Adapter Settings.
- Make a Right click on the Adapter you are running and select Disable in the extended menu.
- Again right-click the adapter and choose Enable.
- Restart your System and you have done.
After all, you would succeed to fix Modem is already in use or not configured Properly on your Windows laptop.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors