A new version of PowerToys experimental train is out with many bug fixes and some known issues. This experimental release contains Video conference mute feature furthermore everything that was in v0.45.0.
You can download the v0.46.0 version using the link in the last of this post.
PowerToys Experimental v0.46.0 changes and download link
Here is the changelog –
- This roll out fixed the toolbar top right vertical offset to permit users to close other app windows.
- Also, it fixed compatibility issues for certain systems when compiling from the source.
- Fixed toolbox from continuing on screen.
- This version solved the mic un-muting that occur when changing Video Conference Mute toolbar position.
- Welcome to PowerToys window has now Video Conference Mute. To see more detail of the Video conference mute utility, navigate to Video Conference Mute (Preview).
known issues and limitations
- When on Teams, some webcams encounter incompatibility issue, and a corrupted frame is displayed and overlay image is not rendered. In case, your camera has this problem, please let us know the model in the [main tracking issue – #6246].
- The application preview, for example, Teams, Meet, etc may display the overlay image flipped horizontally but that is expected. When calling, the image will show correctly to the other people on the call.
- If you want to disable and enable the VCM, you will have to run the PowerToys with administrative privileges.
- Modifications in some of the VCM settings require the application to restart to pick up the new values, for example, a new overlay image.
- In certain cases, the overlay image can be displayed flipped vertically. For work around, edit the image and flip it before selecting it). (#6246).
- Restart the video conference app if it doesn’t start in PowerToys Video Conference Mute webcam automatically. If still doesn’t appear try restarting Windows.
Things to note
- PowerToys Experimental v0.46.0 will not be on WinGet. The team is evaluating if this is something people would be interested in.
- This version is on the Experimental train, therefore only prerelease versions will be prompted for updates
Download link – PowerToysSetup-0.46.0-x64.exe
Source – Github.