You might need to switch sounds between your headphone and speaker or other peripherals on Windows 10. There are handful of tools to change the audio devices but some of them work the best. However, Windows 10 will always let you set up or Change Default Sound Device. You will see a list of 5 top and best software with a short description to change audio output resource.
These will be the Best Audio Switcher for Windows 10 free allowing to perform the task in a single or double click. Most of the software is lightweight and you can use them hassle-free. Furthermore, you will see manual ways to for the same.
Audio Switcher list
Audio Switcher for Windows 10
Here are Top 5 Best Audio Switcher for Windows 10 –
1] Ear Trumpet
Ear Trumpet is a Powerful Volume Control application brought to you by Microsoft MVP Rafael Rivera and previous Microsoft Engineer Dave Armenta, developer David Golden. The application was developed to minimize some limitations in Audio Management experience in Windows 10. It includes specific features, for example, classic control ability, quick switching between audio devices, moreover, move applications between playback devices.
The brand new Ear Trumpet 2.0 offers to manage with hotkeys, change all audio settings, and multi-channel peak monitoring. The new version can be supported in both Windows 10 light and dark mode, which was an issue previously. Other inclusive features are –
- Provides standalone volume mixer.
- Allows configuring hotkeys for various tasks.
- Have good sets of modern context menus
- Offers multi-lingual support for native users.
- It’s a Default playback device management
- The application will get updates automatically via Microsoft Store.
AudioSwitcher_v1 is a useful Audio Switcher for Windows 10 that all the power users were looking for long before for managing their devices. The application adds a headphone icon in the system tray holding Speaker at the top and Mic at the bottom. You can make a right click on them and set it as default. Despite having no option, this is an ideal and portable tool for switching the audio device from your PC speakers to an external one quickly.
SoundSwitch is a handy utility for Audio devices for Windows 10 providing you the smoothest switching back and forth between the externally connected devices. The tasks are controlled by good sets of hot-key combinations and you can pick a preferred audio device for a specific time period.
SoundSwitch, usually, runs in background, for the first time use, you will have to choose preferred hotkey combination required for the application. You can avail shortcut keys in the Settings section of the application and set up in a very easy way. The app also offers the following inclusive features –
- Shortcut key combinations need to be chosen only once, and from the following time you are good to go.
- Widespread support for various sound devices like sound cards, digital audio, headphones, or playback devices.
- SoundSwitch will send you five types of notification once a device is changed.
- Notifications are balloon type and will appear with sound i.e. if a new device is selected, there will be a chime sound to confirm.
- Inbuilt ability to customize the notification sound i.e. you can also customize the sound to silent Toast notification.
4] AudioSwitch v2.2.2
AudioSwitch v2.2.2 is one of the top and best Audio Switcher for Windows 10 and it is absolutely free. The program offers a quicker way to install without even rendering a compatibility issue and advanced settings. No additional tool or driver is required for having AudioSwitch v2.2.2 in Windows 10.
After starting the program, AudioSwitch v2.2.2 will put an icon in the SysTray clicking which will show a compact menu. The application will detect all the connected audio devices automatically and will display on the appearing menu from where you have to just click one to select. Furthermore, you can change the volume settings of a selected device using the slider from this in app menu. Other inclusive features are –
- Provides an accessible configuration panel in the System Tray.
- Offers a wide range of options including on-screen volume slider.
- You can enable multiple hotkey combinations in order to switch between devices.
- Let the user control the volume change, mute sound, and accomplish other tasks using the shortcut key combinations.
5] Manual method
However, having the above Top and Best Audio Switcher for Windows 10, it allows users to switch between audio devices using default settings. There are a number of options using which you can easily change the sounds for various system events, configure the internal and external devices. Usually, the Windows Settings app holds these options by default but you can also set up Default Audio Device with a flyout and from classic applet. So, here are a few ways to Change Default Audio Device manually in Windows 10 –
From the Sound flyout
- Click the volume icon from the taskbar.
- Select Up arrow from the flyout.
- Choose the desired one from the list.
From Settings app
- Press the Windows key and I at once.
- Click System.
- From the additional settings page, choose Sound.
- Click the dropdown menu under Choose your output device.
- Select one.
From the Classic Sound Applet
You can also use the classic Sound Applet in order to Switch audio device which can be done both from the Control Panel and from the System Tray.
- Right-click the Volume icon.
- Select Sounds.
- When the Sound pop up will arrive, you will be in the Playback tab.
- Scroll down and choose the desired device in the list.
- Finally, click the Set Default button to switch.