The beta and release preview channel of Windows insider has also received an update today for 20H2. Just a while ago, Windows 10 Build 20201 has been rolled out in Dev channel for 21H1. Windows 10 build 19042.487 is the package that is also available for both branches. This is a non-security update having knowledge base KB4571744.
You can download this 20H2 latest update through Windows Update in Settings. Follow – 4 Ways to Update Windows 10. See the fixes and changes the build –
Windows 10 build 19042.487 20H2 KB4571744 Changes and fixes
This non-security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
- The package fixed an issue with pinned Add-ins that cause Microsoft Outlook to become unresponsive.
- The company offers to sync the web browser Microsoft Edge IE Mode unidirectional session cookie when an admin manages the session cookie.
- They fixed an issue with rendering PeerDist-encoded content in the browsers (IE) Internet Explorer and Edge.
- Build fixed ActiveX content that might stop loading.
- Windows 10 build 19042.487 20H2 KB4571744 fixed black screen for Windows Virtual Desktop users when they attempt to sign in.
- It settled custom text wrapping function using application stops working in certain scenarios.
- The Microsoft Expert fixed Start menu apps and tiles in virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) environments. The problem occurs subsequent to signing in to the VDI environment a second time and use a Remote Desktop User Profile Disk in a non-persistent virtual desktop pool.
- They fixed printing to a document repository creates an issue.
- They solved Visual Basic 6.0 (VB6) applications cannot use ListView in OCX after upgrading to Windows 10 v1903 and later.
- Windows 10 build 19042.487 20H2 KB4571744 fixed a runtime error that leads VB6 to stop working when duplicate windows messages are sent to WindowProc().
- Update fixed stop error that appeared when the initialization of the graphics adapter failed.
- It fixed a problem to decrease the likelihood of missing fonts.
- Windows Experts fixed reducing the size of a window is problematic in some cases.
- They fixed the touch keyboard that closed when you touch any key.
- They solved adds an unwanted and removed keyboard layout as the default after an upgrade or migration.
- KB4571744 solved applications won’t close even though programming code directs them to close.
- The non-security update fixed attempts to take a screenshot of a window using the Print Window API fails.
- Build fixed memory leak in exe that happens when you refresh an application that has an editable box.
- Windows 10 build 19042.487 20H2 settled a problem that truncates a potential list of characters (candidates) when you type characters in the Simplified Chinese (Pinyin) input method editor (IME). When this occurs, Chinese characters do not appear.
- It fixed the first keystroke that is not being recognized accurately in the DataGridView
- KB4571744 solved application that uses dll stops working, and error code 0xc0000005 (Access violation) exception arises.
- Non security update solved Dynamic Data Exchange that begins a memory leak if multiple clients connect to the same server.
- Windows experts fixed Cortana Smart lighting is not working as expected if you shut down the machine while Fast Shutdown is enabled.
- The build now provides the ability for Dolby Atmos for Headphones and DTS Headphone: X to be used in 24-bit mode on devices that support 24-bit audio.
- They fixed an issue IME user dictionary that could not be used when leveraging folder redirection with user profiles.
- Windows 10 build 19042.487 20H2 KB4571744 fixed Microsoft Office applications that closes unexpectedly when using a Korean IME.
- Beta update fixed incorrect folder properties is shown in File Explorer when the path is longer than MAX_PATH.
- It fixed an issue with a blurry sign in screen.
- Microsoft experts fixed Windows Update that was becoming unresponsive when checking for updates.
- They fixed correct lock screen doesn’t appear when the following policies are configured –
Policy “Interactive Logon: Do not require Ctrl+Alt+Del” set to “Disabled”
DisableLockScreenAppNotifications = 1
DisableLogonBackgroundImage = 1
- Build fixed File Explorer that stops working when browsing directories of raw images and other file types.
- Windows experts have improved the tablet experience for convertible or hybrid devices in docked scenarios.
- They also have improved the user experience of the Windows Hello enrollment pages for fingerprint and page setup.
- Microsoft team for Windows prevent accounts from a various tenant from signing in to a Surface Hub device.
- They have updated the time zone information for Canada and Yukon.
- Also, they fixed a stop error 0xC2 in sys.
- Windows 10 build 19042.487 20H2 has settled the bug that leads the Event Viewer Microsoft Management Console (MMC) to stop working when the secondary monitor is above the primary monitor. An out of bounds exception appears.
- The version has solved the migration of the Windows Remote Management (WinRM) service startup type.
- It has solved object performance counters problem.
- Windows insider developers solved Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) settings cannot go to roaming to enable the signature files that are used for new messages, forwarded messages, and replies.
- They have fixed users cannot configure the “REG_EXPAND_SZkeys” in some automated scenarios.
- Also, they have fixed EnhancedAppLayerSecurity node in modern device management (MDM) that prevents its setting from being applied correctly to client devices.
- Windows 10 build 19042.487 has solved memory leak problem in the exe process that occurs when the server is under a heavy authentication load and Credential Guard is enabled.
- The update has solved a delay of up to two minutes that might occur when signing in or unlocking a session on Hybrid Azure Active Directory-joined machines.
- Version has solved hash signing cannot work correctly when using the Microsoft Platform Crypto Provider for Trusted Platform Modules. This problem might also affect networking software, for example, virtual private network applications.
- Microsoft experts have settled an issue that continues to display the previous username hint in the smart card sign in box. The issue occurs after a different user has used the machine with domain credentials.
- They have fixed communication with the TPM that times out and fails.
- Furthermore, they have fixed an issue that sometimes prevents AppLocker from running an application whose publisher rule allows it to run.
- AppLocker publisher rules might sometimes prevent applications from loading software modules. This can lead to partial application failure.
- They have fixed the promotion of a server to a domain controller that fails. This happens during the LSASS process is configured as Protected Process Light (PPL).
- The developers have fixed you cannot unlock a device if you typed a space before the username when you first signed in to the device.
- They have fixed system that stops working and generates a 7E stop code.
- The build has solved applications that take a long time to open.
- Update has fixed classification failures originated by the wrong User Principal Name (UPN).
- Windows 10 build 19042.487 20H2 has solved an issue in cluster scenarios that cause handles to .vmcx and .vmrs files to become invalid after storage failover. Consequently, live migration, and other virtual machines (VM) maintenance activities fail with showing error STATUS_UNEXPECTED_NETWORK_ERROR.
- The version has fixed interrupt targeting that might produce an interrupt to arrive at an incorrect processor.
- Build has fixed delays during shutdown that occurs when running the Microsoft Keyboard Filter Service.
- Windows insider developers have fixed a machine that requests a new IP address after authentication.
- They solved Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) that downloads data while a device is in cellular mode without explicit user permission.
- In addition, they fixed Always On VPN (AOVPN) that cannot automatically reconnect when resuming from Sleep or Hibernate.
- They solved AOVPN user tunnels that use an incorrect certificate.
- Build solved AOVPN problem that occurs when a user and device tunnels are set to connect to the same endpoint.
- Version fixed VPN apps that stop working in some cases when they attempt to enumerate VPN profiles.
- Microsoft experts fixed Optimize Drives dialog that incorrectly reports that previously optimized drives need to be optimized again.
- They solved host memory buffer (HMB) is failed to be turned off when you force the shutdown of a device. Consequently, solid-state drives (SSDs) do not delete HMB contents.
- They also fixed apps update cannot be downloaded or opened in certain scenarios.
- Build fixed stop error (0xC00002E3) at startup. This problem occurs after installing certain Windows Updates that were released on or after April 21, 2020.
- It solved fixed an issue that might cause stop error 7E in syson servers running the Network File System (NFS) service.
- The release fixed Server Message Block (SMB) problem. It wrongly logs the Microsoft-Windows-SMBClient 31013 event in the “Security event log/ Microsoft-Windows-SMBClient” of an SMB client when an SMB server returns STATUS_USER_SESSION_DELETED. This problem occurs when SMB client users or applications start multiple SMB sessions using the same set of Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) connections on the same SMB server. This issue most likely occurs on Remote Desktop Servers.
- Microsoft developers solved SMB that incorrectly uses the original, cached non-Continuous Available handle to a file. This handle becomes invalid after a network error or storage failover. Therefore, applications fail with errors, for example, STATUS_UNEXPECTED_NETWORK_ERROR.
- They fixed loss of written data that occurs when an application opens a file and writes to the end of the file in a share folder.
- Finally, they solved an issue with some apps, such as Excel, that happens when using the Microsoft Input Method Editor for Japanese and Chinese languages. You might encounter an error, or the app might stop responding or close when you attempt to drag using the mouse.
KB4571744 Windows 10 build 19042.487 20H2 direct download link
Source – Windows Experience blog.