Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone requires extra robust experience to use WI-Fi connections (wireless). When you connect to a wireless network from your Galaxy S4, you need to generally tap the settings and choose the available network. Next, enter the correct wireless PIN or password to use the Wi-Fi connections. In the some cases you don’t start wireless connections on your Samsung Galaxy S4 quickly due to several problems. If wireless connections aren’t working then you can use the some Wi-Fi troubleshooting tips to fix the issue on your Samsung Galaxy S4
Power off the Samsung Galaxy S4
The first thing you can try to power off your Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone and remove the battery for about 2-3 minutes. Then re-insert the battery and power on the Galaxy S4 again.
Enable and Disable the Wi-Fi Connection
Sometimes your Galaxy S4 saves earlier used IP address while it is connected from another wireless network. Then after your Galaxy S4 doesn’t recognize the available IP address automatically with the current wireless network. In this situation, you can disable wireless settings once in your Galaxy S4 and then enable it. To do this process
- Tap on the Menu button on your Galaxy S4 Smartphone and select the Settings.
- Tap on the Wireless and Network option in the Settings menu.
- Tap on the Wi-Fi settings of the Wireless and Network menu.
- Next uncheck the WI-Fi tab in order to disable the new screen.
- After 1-2 minutes, tap the WI-Fi tab again to enable it.
Forget the wireless network
If the previous troubleshoot tips do not work then it may cause to forget the wireless network within range in your Galaxy S4 device. So, you need to add again manually. To do it,
- Go to Wireless and Network option in the settings menu.
- Long press on the shown wireless network which you like to forget.
- Next tap on Forget Network option. This process takes some moments to recover the forgotten network within range.
- Then the network will be turned on automatically on the screen and enter the correct wireless password to connect.
Verify the correct wireless password
Many Android phone user changes wireless passwords periodically due to security reasons. Then you need to verify the correct wireless password. If wireless password of your Wi-Fi modem or router has been changed then verify and add a new password on your Galaxy S4 phone.
Advanced Wi-Fi settings
If no any above tips are helpful for you then configure the advance Wi-few settings on your Galaxy S4 Smartphone. To change the advanced settings, tap the Wi-Fi settings and tap the Menu button again. Next tap on the advanced option. Here set the correct settings within proxy and Port menu.
Set Wi-Fi sleep policy to Never
If you are facing Wi-Fi problems yet then check the Wi-Fi sleep policy problems. If the problem is available due to it then set the Wi-Fi sleep policy to Never. After changing the sleep policy to Never, it will not consume your battery quickly and continue your Wi-Fi connections on a reliable basis.