Presently Samsung Galaxy offered Note Series model has been admired worldwide. Users who have Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 can start update process with most recent Jelly Bean Android 4.1.2 XXUCMA8 official firmware. The update process can be done through two methods either Samsung KIES or manually (with below provided this tips).
PDA – N8010XXUCMA8
CSC – N8010RBTCMA4
Date – 05 February 2013
Country Supported – UK, Germany, Hungary, Spain, Italy, France, Austria, Belgium.
Note down to mandatory points –
- Install proper Samsung Note USB driver to your computer.
Download Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 USB drivers
- Ensure that your Note is charged up to 95% before in any case before starting firmware update process. Otherwise, your tab will turn off or loss during this process.
- Backup your every private data on the Note device like media files, apps, messages, contacts and settings to external micro-SD cards. It is also a better option to choose built-in recovery tools such as ClockworkMod or TWRP using either Samsung KIES or ROM manager.
- Turn on USB Debugging mode on your Galaxy Note device.
Steps to update Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010:
Step – 1
Download and install both zip files on your computer after extracting it.
XXUCMA8 official firmware file
Download ODIN v1.85 Flash Tools
Power off the Galaxy Note device. In order to get download mode, press and hold Volume Down, Power buttons simultaneously for some seconds. Then you will see recovery screen along with Samsung logo or Android robot icon carried triangle sign.
Step – 3
Next launch ODIN tool on your computer. Plug the USB cable to USB port on your computer and connect the Galaxy Note within the download mode.
Step – 4
Once the Note device is connected effectively in few minutes, ID: COM boxes into ODIN tool denotes yellow color and it displays also COM port number.
Step – 5
Then choose the essential flash files in following steps. These are located in the midst of the extracted folders of official firmware.
- In ODIN window, click on the PDA button and choose the file titled CODE from extracted firmware folder.
- Then click on Phone button and opt the file named MODEM. (Pay no attention to this step if there is no present such file).
- Next, click the CSC button and select file named CSC. (Take no notice of this step if such file is absent).
- Click the PIT button and choose the .pit file.
Step – 6
In ODIN window, check the box of both options – enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
Then click on Start button in ODIN window. As a result, the process of the firmware update will start and it will complete in some minutes.
Step – 8
After a successful update process, your Note device will reboot automatically. In just moments, home screen of the device will boot in the new appearance.
Howto-connect will not be answerable in any case if the device is lost or dead during firmware update process. Although we have done the process of this firmware practically successfully with our devices. But, users will have to proceed at their individual possibility. The XXUCMA8 official firmware and the tips are valid for the only Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 model. To know accurate model number, go to settings and tap on About.