Windows 8 has been launched in four editions so far by Microsoft –
- Windows Pro ( 32 bit and 64 bit)
- Windows 8 Enterprise ( 32 bit and 64 bit)
- Windows 8 RT ( 90 days trail)
First three editions were purposed for Personal Computer and laptops While Windows 8 RT edition only for Tablet PC.
In order to upgrade lower to higher edition you can get more features and benefits such as – Media center application, Bit Locker features, Remote desktop and many more.
Once you start upgrade process, you will not misplay current documents, Installed software or anything from windows 8 computer.
How to Upgrade windows 8 to Windows Pro ?
- Press shortcut (Window logo key + Pause/Break) to launch System Properties window before your computer screen.
- Then move your mouse cursor near to Windows edition option and Click on this link – Get more features………windows.
- Click on the yes button when you get User Account Control dialog box.
- Now new window (Add Features to windows 8) comes with these option-
I already have a Product key
I want to buy a product key online
- Click on this option- I already have a key.
- Insert 25 digit product key of windows 8 in new window and Click Next button.
- In next window check this box – I accept the license terms and click on this link at the bottom- Add features.
- Now upgrade procedure of windows 8 to Windows Pro will be started before your screen and it will complete about few minutes.
- Your computer will reboot once during upgrading process.
As soon as upgrade process is completed ,you will get thanks message window.
Now your windows 8 has been converted into Windows 8 Pro edition including new features.