State Bank of India abbreviated as SBI provides its privileged customers a chance to create Virtual Credit Cards which can be accessed online and to view its details. Here are some of the following steps to do so:
Creation or generation of virtual card
- The official website of SBI Internet banking should be visited to enter the details to create a virtual card. Click on log in icon on the lower left side.
- This opens a login window. Type your Username and Passwords in the fields provided on the left top corner. The SBI strongly recommends to use an online virtual keyboard.
- This opens the user’s account. To create a Virtual card click on the e-card tab and click on State Bank Virtual Card option.
- It opens a new tab where details such as account number with which the e-card is to be created, and the amount is to be entered in the appropriate fields. Accept the terms and conditions of the bank after reading them very carefully and click on Generate. The minimum amount for which the card can be created is Rs 100 and the maximum amount is Rs 50000.
- A tab verifying the Cardholder Name, Debit Account Number and Virtual Card limit appears. The particulars on this tab must be checked and re-verified. If the details are to be changed , then click on Back for Correction.
- SBI will send a password which is an 8-digit One-Time Password(OTP) to the mobile number with which mobile banking is registered. This OTP has to be enter into the field provided with the virtual online keyboard.
- Now all the steps for the creation are over, and the card gets generated. The image of the card is shown which displays the details such as Name, Card No, Limit, VCC and Expiry Date. The card can then be used for e-commerce transactions.
- Then click log out.
Viewing of the details of the generated/created State Bank Virtual Card details
- To view the card , visit the Official Website of SBI Internet Banking. Then, click on log in to enter the User details.
- This opens a log in window. Type your Username and Passwords in the fields provided on the left top corner. The SBI strongly recommends to use an online virtual keyboard.
- This opens the user’s account. To view the created Virtual card click on the e-card tab and click on State Bank Virtual Card option.
- To see all the virtual cards, click on Virtual Card Details. This act will display the details of all the generated virtual cards such as Card Number, Creation Date, Expiry Date, Limit Amount, Used Amount and Status.
- If a specific card is to be viewed, then click on that specific Card number. It will show the complete card details such as Name, Issue Date, Expiry, Merchant Name, CVV2, Limit Amount, Status, Source Account No.
- Click log out.
Cancellation of the generated/created State Bank Virtual Card
- The official website of SBI Internet Banking – SBI Online should be visited to enter the details to cancel a created virtual card. Click on login icon on the lower left side.
- This opens a log in window. Type your Username and Passwords in the fields provided.
- This opens the user’s account. To cancel the created Virtual card click on the Requests tab and click on State Bank Virtual Card option.
- The display showing all the virtual cards open. Click on the virtual card to be cancelled and click on the option Cancel on the bottom.
- Then, a tab showing the verification of the Virtual Card No. appears. Click on OK.
- A tab showing the message “Your Virtual Card number 466XXXXXX462 has been successfully cancelled.” The amount which gets blocked after the cancellation of the Virtual Card gets credited to the main account in an hour.
- Then, click Log out.