Release Preview Channel of Windows 10 Insider has received a refreshed cumulative update for 21H2 version. This is KB5018482 which carries all the changes and bug fixes that it brought last week. This update increases the build to Windows 10 19044.2193 from 19044.2192.
Full name of this release is “2022-10 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5018482)”. OS Build is 19044.2193.vb_release_svc_prod3.221013-1538. Read – Download KB5015684, Windows 10 22H2 19045.1862 Enablement Package. Let’s see what is new in this release –
KB5018482 Windows 10 19044.2193 21H2
Here is the changelog –
Improvements and bug fixes
- Windows 10 19044.2193 fixed an issue that affects Distributed Component Object Model aka DCOM authentication hardening. The experts will automatically raise the authentication level for all non-anonymous activation requests from DCOM clients to RPC_C_AUTHN_LEVEL_PKT_INTEGRITY. This happens when Packet Integrity is more than authentication level.
- KB5018482 fixed a DCOM issue that affects the Remote Procedure Call Service which means rpcss.exe. The experts raise the authentication level to RPC_C_AUTHN_LEVEL_PKT_INTEGRITY
replacing RPC_C_AUTHN_LEVEL_CONNECT if RPC_C_AUTHN_LEVEL_NONE is given.
- They fixed OS upgrade stops responding, and then it fails.
- The Windows 10 19044.2193 RP channel fixed an issue that affects the Microsoft Azure Active Directory or AAD Application Proxy connector. This connector cannot retrieve a Kerberos ticket on behalf of the user. Statement in the error message is – The handle specified is invalid (0x80090301).
- Experts in the insider team fixed a problem that affects the font of 3 Chinese characters. When you change these characters to bold, the width size is incorrect.
- They fixed a problem with Microsoft Direct3D 9 games. The adapter’s hardware stops working if it doesn’t have a native Direct3D 9 driver.
- KB5018482 LCU fixed graphical problems in games that use Microsoft D3D9 on some platforms.
- The cumulative update fixed a problem with the Edge browser that occurs when it is in IE Mode. The pop-up windows’ tabs and titles are not correct.
- The expert’s team fixed an issue in Microsoft Edge IE mode that stops you from opening web pages. This occurs when you enable WDAG and don’t configure Network Isolation policies.
- The RP Channel rollout solved the application not responding problem. The issue might occur when the input queue overflows.
- KB5018482 CU solved problems with IME related to Microsoft and third parties. They stop working when you exit the Input Method Editors window. This happens if the Editor uses Windows Text Services Framework aka TSF 1.0.
- Experts in the team fixed a problem with the lasso tool in a graphics editing program.
- They fixed a problem with Miracast advertisements. This problem happens on Surface Hub devices under some conditions.
- The rollout fixed problems with some drivers. The drivers use additional power when you play hardware-protected digital rights management aka DRM content.
- They fixed a problem with the .msi files. WDAC will ignore them when you turn off script enforcement.
- Finally, they fixed a problem with remote desktop virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) scenario. During this, the session might use the incorrect time zone.
|The update, however, removes the Legacy Edge browser but it doesn’t be able to replace the same with the Chromium version of the browser. This occurs when Devices with Windows installations are created from custom ISO image or offline media. When ISO images or custom offline media are created by slipstreaming this update into the image without having first installed the SSU dated 29/03/2021, or later this problem occurs.|
Important: This problem doesn’t affect the devices that connect straight to Windows Update. This comprises devices that are using Windows Update for Business. Therefore, any device connecting to Windows Update should forever install the most recent LCU as well as SSU without any additional steps.
|To prevent this problem, first of all, slipstream the Servicing Stack Update rolled out on 29/03/2021 or later into ISO image or custom offline media. This must be done before slipstreaming the Latest Cumulative Update. For this with the combined LCU and SSU used for Windows 10 v20H2 and v2004, you will need to unpack the SSU from the combined package. Follow –|
Windows 10 19044.2193 KB5018482 download links
- x64.msu – https://my.hidrive.com/lnk/SXTosZjb#file
- SSU – https://my.hidrive.com/lnk/7kzIsI2z#file
- x86.msu – https://my.hidrive.com/lnk/zuTIMwgX#file
- SSU – https://my.hidrive.com/lnk/uMToMlZe#file
- arm64.msu – https://my.hidrive.com/lnk/zLTIMwjv#file
- SSU – https://my.hidrive.com/lnk/1mzIsOZI#file