The 20H1 Windows 10 Build 18936 has been rolled out in the fast ring with important features, improvements, and fixes. The update includes Event Create tool in Taskbar, passwordless setting, and also some known issues.
You will get Windows 10 Build 18936 [20H1] automatically unless you have not disables or paused the configuration. If you haven’t received till now navigate to Settings => Update & Security and click on “Check for updates”.
Windows 10 Build 18936 changes, improvements, and fixes
Let’s see the features first –
Phone screen now available on more Surface devices
The current build introduces Your Phone app for Surface devices. After driver update in the Windows insider rings (Marvell 15.68.17013.110), the below Surface devices will show the phone screen –
“Surface Laptop, Surface Laptop 2, Surface Pro 4, Surface Pro 5, Surface Pro 6, Surface Book, and Surface Book 2”.
Quick Event Create from the Taskbar
Starting from Windows 10 Build 18936 you are able to create events and reminders direct from Taskbar. Clock and calendar flyout will help you to manage your thoughts while making plans.
Select passwordless with Microsoft account on your device
You have the ability to enable passwordless sign-in for Microsoft account on Windows 10 directly from the settings app. Navigate to Settings => Accounts => Sign-in options, and select ‘On’ under ‘Make your device passwordless’. This will switch all Microsoft accounts to hodiernal authentication with Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, or PIN.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- With the build 18936, you will no longer confront the failure issue while installing games through the Xbox application.
- The tech giant resolved an issue which occurs in the Photos live tile potentially drawing outside the bounds of the tile.
- Now, the emoji panel will not crash when the contrast level would high.
- With this context, the company updates the disk type text in the performance tab of the Task Manager. Now, the size of the outer subtext matches on that tab.
- You will not encounter the issue which results in items not launching in the foreground. This issue commonly occurs when you select the items from the taskbar jump list of certain apps.
- The software giant resolved an issue that could result in the virtual desktop thumbnail in task view not updating after moving a window to a different desktop.
- With the Windows 10 latest build, there’s no compulsion of Administrator privilege in the running Windows Sandbox.
- Microsoft specialists solved an issue which caused the composition string not being displayed in some particular apps. Usually, this issue occurred while typing with the Japanese IME.
- While typing with the Chinese Pinyin IME, you will not confront the crashing issue.
- Developer team resolved an issue resulting in a few specific games surprisingly just presenting a black screen when running in full-screen mode on some devices recently.
Windows 10 Build 18936 Known Issues
- A limited number of Insiders are endeavoring to install Build 18936. It may encounter install failures with error code c1900101 due to an adaptability bug with a storage driver on their device. The device will endeavor to install, fail, and successfully roll back to the currently installed build on the device. Endeavored re-tries to install the build, either manual or automatic, will not bypass this issue. Moreover, a fix is upcoming, but there are no known workarounds currently.
- Note – By default, the update will endeavor to install (3) times. You may pause updates if they encounter this issue and want to skip the re-try attempts.
- You may identify some changes in Magnifier with today’s build. These aren’t quite ready yet for you to try. However, the company let you know once they are on an upcoming flight.
- With the revelation of Build 18936, there has been an issue with older versions of anti-cheat software used with games. Whereas after updating to the latest 19H1 Insider Preview builds by which you may confront the crashing issue of the machine. With the partners, the expert team working on to receive their software updated with a fix also most of the games have released patches to hamper PCs from encountering this issue. As a workaround, to lessen the possibility of running into this issue, kindly ensure that your device is functioning on the most recent version of your games prior to attempting to update the OS. Besides, the tech developers are also working on with anti-cheat and game developers to resolve these types of relevant issues. This will work to reduce the likelihood of these issues in the forthcoming days.
- With this release, a few Realtek SD card readers will not operate well. However, the company is investigating the issue.
- According to the tech giants, the tamper Protection may be disabled in Windows Security after updating to this build. However, you can turn it back on. Furthermore, this Windows Defender will return to being on by default for all Insiders in the month of August.
Source – Windows blog.