Windows Media Player / WMP as we know is an application produced by Microsoft to play audio and video files and also for observing images. Windows Media Player was there in the old versions of Windows and currently, it serves its purpose very interestingly on Windows 10 also. With an easy and smooth interface, this application serves multiple functions for its users such as arranging the media stocks, burn CDs with your favorite tracks, synchronization of media files with other gadgets or shop favorite media tracks from online stores.
Today here in this Windows Media Player topic we will explore you different functioning and modes of the application. Hold your seat and learn many interesting facts about your favorite application!
How to Start Windows Media Player on Windows 10
- Before starting, get The Windows Media Player compatible with Windows 10 from this location. 2 files will be downloaded, hence, install both of them one after another.
- Launch your Windows 10 Cortana search.
- Type WMP in the search area and look at Windows media player at the top under Best match.
- Hit it.
- Windows Media Player (WMP) immediately opens.
How to use Windows Media Player on Windows 10
- There are two modes of Windows Media Player that you can experience while playing it. They are Now Playing and Player Library. You can easily switch between the two modes. Let’s look into their details deeply.
Now Playing is the mode that exhibits on the screen while turning on any track for play. In this mode, you can see DVDs and videos and also the music that is presently playing on. Here you get what item is presently playing on or you can also right click on the player and choose Show List to see the selection of obtainable contents.
There are three areas in Now Playing mode that we will explain you now. See the image below for clear understanding.
- Track Information– It exhibits the information of the track that you are playing.
- Playback Control– Use the controls like pause, stop, forward or backward button to control the track.
- Switch to Library Mode– It is the button that will make you switch between the two modes.
Here, in this mode, you are free to arrange media stock. Five areas in Player Library serve various purposes. Lets’ see them now!
- Address Bar– It will exhibit your existing location or the folder in which you are into.
- Navigation Pane– All the sections are listed in the navigation pane which permits you to choose the favorite.
- Details Pane– When you select a particular section or category of the navigation pane, the details of that particular category is displayed in Details Pane.
- List Pane– dragging the items from Details Pane to List Pane allows you to make playlists, burn your favorite tracks into CDS or DVDs or transfer to devices.
- Playback Control – Control the flow of the track using the volume, forward, backward, play or pause buttons of the Playback Control.
Now we will go to the other interesting features of Windows Media Player.
Play From The Taskbar
When you shrink the WMP window, its icon will appear on your Taskbar. And from the Taskbar itself, you can play the track without disturbing your work on the screen. All you have to do is just take your cursor to the WMP icon on the taskbar, you will get a thumbnail preview and from there you will be able to play or pause the running track. Click the forward button to jump to the next track, or the backward button to go to the previous track.
Build a Media Library
WMP by default attaches and connects the tracks to the Player Library from Music, Pictures, and Videos. If you wish to assemble a media library attach folders from further locations on the portable music devices or to your PC.
RIP CDs To Create Digital Music Files
To copy songs from phonic CDs to your computer you can use Windows Media Player and this method is termed as ripping. In the ripping process, your each song is copied by the Player and it stored in the hard disk of your computer as an MP3 or Windows Media Audio (WMA) or WAV file. And then it will be added to your Player Library.
Use Tabs To Complete Key Tasks
There must be many users like me who feels like being at the highest peak when different tasks are done at one place only. I personally got so much relaxed when I found that I can perform three tasks in one media player only. Wow! Now I don’t have to plunge into different media players or different pieces of software to Play, Burn o Sync any track. All thanks to Windows Media Player as all these tasks can be easily carried at one place. They can be easily located as they are placed just above the List Pane section of Player Library. With these options, I can play any track, burn my favorite or required tracks to a CD or DVD or even I can sync the required ones with other suitable media devices.
PLAY – The list under the Play tab exhibits the current tracks that are playing and also the tracks that you have selected to play. Suppose, if you have selected an entire album then all the songs of that album will be listed under the Play tab.
BURN – One click on this tab will permit you to produce a copy of the selected tracks to a CD or DVD so that you can enjoy them playing on compatible gadgets.
SYNC – By clicking on this option many items like music, videos and a wide range of images will be pulled together to suitable media devices. When the suitable transferable media device is secured to your computer, the Player will start harmonizing. The automatic or manual setting is depending on the device.
Till now we have dealt with Windows Media Player and its features and functions. But what if you face any problem with the Player?! Simply use the Troubleshooter as your savior and get rid of the problem. To do so, follow the below steps –
- Launch Control Panel on your computer screen.
- Hit on Troubleshooting.
- Click View All link on the Troubleshooting window.
- Now look for Windows Media Player Settings option and click on it.
- This will fix the issues.