A new flight, belonging to rs_prerelease development branch is being rolled out to the Dev Channel. Windows 11 Insider Preview build 25193.1000 is the release laden with significant number of improvements and bug fixes. The build brings 2 features – 1. Xbox subscriptions management into Settings app and Support for new Braille displays in Narrator.
The Windows 11 version 22H2 Build 25193 can be received through auto Windows update.
Windows 11 Build 25193.1000 Features and Improvements, and fixes
Here is what is new in Windows 11 Build 25193.1000 –
Settings will host Xbox subscription management
The flight has added Xbox subscriptions management to Settings app. Therefore , if you are Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, PC Game Pass, Xbox Game Pass for Console or Xbox Live Gold member simply navigate to Settings => Accounts to see everything.
Furthermore, you will also be able to handle and upgrade your Xbox subscription, redeem gift card tokens and be up to date without any disruptions. See – How to Redeem Codes or Gift Cards on Microsoft Account in Windows 10.
Support for new Braille displays in Narrator
Narrator is equipped with New Braille displays and new Braille output and input languages. The support comprises APH Mantis Q40, the NLS eReader the APH Chameleon, and many more.
In order to experience the new Braille display, uninstall the existing braille support by following the steps –
- Launch Settings (Win+I).
- Navigate to Apps => Optional features => Installed features.
- Search for Accessibility => Braille support.
- Unfold Accessibility => Braille support and uninstall the feature.
Now Install new narrator braille support using below steps –
- Travel Settings => Accessibility => Narrator => Braille.
- Choose the more button.
- Now, download braille by selecting the Download and install braille button.
- Reboot your computer and come back to Settings => Accessibility => Narrator => Braille.
- When switching between Narrator and third-party screen readers, in order to having seamless experience of Braille display choose the braille display driver used by your third-party screen reader from the Braille display driver option. JAWS for Windows screen reader users can navigate and see the detailed documentation to learn more about the braille driver solution.
Changes and Improvements
- The company disabled the ability to share a local file straight to OneDrive through the built-in Windows share window. This was firstly shipped via Dev Channel with Build 25163.
- The flight settled enabling .NET Framework 3.5 from the Windows Features dialog did not work in the previous build.
- The current update made a taskbar overflow to now use the same accent color as your taskbar.
- Solved sporadic explorer.exe crashes that occurred related to the taskbar overflow.
- Settled widgets entry in the taskbar which was causing the taskbar icons to appear to drift around sometimes in the previous flight.
- Furthermore,, the flight fixed a problem with at least 2 monitors, where if the monitors had different DPI, the taskbar overflow could appear before it was needed or end up overlapped with the date and time on the secondary monitor.
- Also, settled the taskbar overflow flyout that might show up floating away from the taskbar if you launched it after a display scaling change.
- Solved unexpected characters showing up instead of an apostrophe in the tooltip for the Sleep option in the Power menu.
- The rollout Fixed Start menu crashing on launch for some users when Search Highlights was enabled.
- Resolved a problem; If the taskbar is set to auto-hide and File Explorer is maximized, hovering mouse on the bottom of the screen to invoke the taskbar should work now.
- Rollout settled a problem; when dragging and dropping a folder to pin it to the navigation pane, that the line indicating where it would be inserted didn’t have enough contrast in dark mode.
- The experts in the team solved search box background in File Explorer that might be the opposite color of your current mode (for instance, dark in light mode).
- The experts solved File Explorer that would appear to open, close, and re-open before it completed drawing after being unfolded from certain places (for instance when opening the location of a downloaded file from Microsoft Edge).
- Windows 11 Build 25193.1000 solved certain files that couldn’t be unpinned from the Favorites section of Home after you’d pinned them.
- The team members fixed to help address User Interface problem when switching between light and dark mode if the File Explorer window was open when you switch.
- They fixed a Graphics Device Interface objects leak when changing size of the navigation pane in File Explorer, which could potentially lead to content in File Explorer not rendering correctly over time for Insiders who resized the navigation pane frequently.
- Bring some changes to help the performance of loading Home when using a cloud storage provider, such as OneDrive, to back up your files in File Explorer.
- The team members fixed Storage page in Settings as well as Disk Cleanup that crash in the scan phase.
- Also, Windows 11 Build 25193.1000 fixed URIs that open pages under the Accounts section of Settings weren’t working for some users – Settings would open, but not navigate to the correct page. This affected the link to open Sign-in Options in the Start menu.
- Solved app icons not displaying correctly under Privacy & Security => Voice activation.
- The experts fixed a Settings crash when uninstalling apps using Apps => Installed apps.
- Windows 11 Build 25193 22H2 solved ShellExperienceHost.exe crash sometimes when you stopped casting to another display or switched to duplicate your display.
- Also, the experts added a warning dialog to findstr in this flight if Unicode input is identified, to make it clearer if that’s why results aren’t returned for certain files.
- The rollout solved lines that could not be included when printing tables from certain apps.
- Finally, solved hangs in certain apps.
- This is a prevailing issue; some games that use Easy Anti-Cheat (EAC) may crash or cause your PC to bugcheck.
- Experts in the company are looking into reports that audio stopped working for some Insiders after upgrading to the latest flights.
- Also, they’re investigating reports of a few different apps having started crashing in recent builds.
- The team is researching reports of bugchecks that occurs when moving their mouse in certain games.
- They are investigating reports of OneDrive setup that is asking for permission to set up every time their PC reboots.
- The experts are researching reports that a small set of Insiders with launch folder windows in a separate process are unable to launch File Explorer after last week’s flight.
- They are working on command bar items like copy, paste, and empty recycle bin that may unexpectedly not be enabled when they should be.
- Continuing from the last flight; Notification badge number may appear misaligned on the taskbar.
- In some situations, the notification banner for some badging will not appear in the widgets board.
- The experts are investigating reports that the weather is not showing correctly in the taskbar with missing text and the weather icon raised too high.
Download Windows 11 Build 25193.1000 – link (when ready).