An update hit to to the Beta channel of Windows 11 insider with a considerable number of bug fixes. LCU KB5017846 has brought 2 builds; one having new features and other with disabled new features. The cumulative update increase the versions to Windows 11 Build 22622.590 and 22621.590.
Full name of this release is Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview (10.0.22621.590) (KB5017846). Let’s see what the rollout brings. See – KB5016700 Windows 11 Build 22622.450, 22621.450 Rolled out to Beta Insider.
Windows 11 Build 22622.590 and 22621.590 KB5017846
Here is the changelog –
Windows 11 Build 22622.590 bug fixes
- The experts fixed Control Panel that can not be launch from the Start menu, Search or if pinned to the taskbar. This issue occurred in the KB5016701.
- Subsequent to receiving many feedbacks, the company has disabled the ability to share a local file directly to OneDrive through the built-in Windows share. This feature began rolling out to Windows Insiders in the Beta Channel KB5015888. The company will back this feature with further refinement of the experience.
- LCU KB5017846 for beta channel fixed explorer.exe crashes that occurs after attempting to access certain folders. The problem happened for a small number of Windows insider in beta channel.
- In any situation, the default folders pinned to navigation pane of File Explorer that had been unpinned, will be re-pinned after installing KB5017846.
- The CU fixed a recent issue where if File Explorer was open when you switched between light and dark mode, you could end up with some unreadable text / User Interface showing the wrong color.
- Experts in the team settled View/New/Sort/etc. buttons in the command bar that could become noticeably clipped vertically after increasing your text scaling in Accessibility Settings.
- After this update, the search box background should no longer suddenly have a dark background sometimes when you’are using light mode.
- If you move keyboard focus to the tab row (using F6), hitting the arrow keys to move keyboard focus within the row will now onwards comprise setting focus to the close button within the tab.
- In case, File Explorer is maximized and the taskbar is configured for autohide, hovering your mouse on the bottom of the screen should now actually bring up the taskbar.
- Windows 11 Build 22622.590 solved a memory leak which was occurring when closing File Explorer windows.
- The LCU solved a GDI objects leak when changing size of the navigation pane in File Explorer, which could potentially lead to content in File Explorer not rendering properly over time for Insiders who resized the navigation pane frequently.
- The taskbar overflow flyout should now pursue the accent color like the rest of the taskbar does when Show accent color on Start and taskbar is enabled under Settings => Personalization => Colors.
- The applications in the taskbar overflow flyout should now onwards be in the correct order when using an Arabic or Hebrew display language.
- When the taskbar is center aligned and full, the widgets entry point will now collapse to a shorter width to give you a little more room on the taskbar.
- The current build solved a couple of problems related to the taskbar overflow which could lead to sporadic explorer.exe crashes.
BOTH Windows 11 Build 22621.590 & 22622.590 bug fixes
- The experts fixed an issue that affects cldflt.sys. This BSOD bugcheck happens when using with OneDrive.
- KB5017846 latest cumulative update fixed a problem that affects robocopy. Robocopy fails to set a file to the right modified time when using the /IS
- The company’s experts are looking into reports that audio stopped working. This issue occurred for some Insiders in recent Beta Channel builds.
- This is a new issue. The team is investigating reports about launch folder windows in a separate process that failed to open File Explorer after previous week’s flight. This issue has no relation with the problem that occurred when accessing certain folders in the same flight, which is fixed in flight of the current week.
- Finally, the Redmondians are working on the fix for an issue where command bar items like copy, paste, and empty recycle bin may unexpectedly not be enabled when they should be.
KB5017846 Windows 11 Build 22622.590 and 22621.590 download link.
Source – Windows blog.