On Windows 8 are able to share a folder with other users in quite simple manner. You need to follow 4 or 5 steps for this. To share folders on a network has made work easy for whom who are working in Group. But at first you have to check same workgroup name in your Windows 8 and then Share folders, computer drives or user profiles via below written tips. At last read a brief definition of user profile.
How to check Workgroup name in Windows 8 or 7 Computer
- Press shortcut (window key + Pause/Break) to start computer properties.
- Scroll your mouse at the midst screens under computer properties and verify workgroup name from this part- Computer name ………. settings.
How to make Share folders, computer drives or user profiles in window 8?
If you would like to start the process of sharing in Windows 8 computer then
- Press right click on the opted folders or drives and Select Properties menu from right context menu.
- In properties tab, click on the Sharing tab at the top side. Then next dialog box (folder properties) comes.
- You have to click on the share button from next dialog box. it brings file sharing window.
- Now choose Everyone from drop-down lists and hit the Add button. It will add Everyone group in file sharing list.
- Now you have to modify settings in the folder permission level. So right click on the Everyone.
- Choose Read/Write from right context menu.
- Once you do, hit share button at the bottom to allow to share the folder on the network.