After the introduction of Homegroup feature in Windows 8, to share folders in computers becomes easy. Since this feature is continued by Microsoft in Windows 8 you can get an advantage of this. But for this first thing is to know how to Configure Homegroup in windows 8. So we proceed further.
Configure Homegroup in windows 8
- Go to taskbar panel and right-click on the network icon.
- Choose this option – Open Network and sharing center.
- From next appearing window, move your mouse cursor around left pane. click on the HomeGroup option.
- It will launch join a homegroup window. Click Next.
- Click on the Change advanced sharing settings option.
- Now you get a new window of advanced sharing options. It asks to modify sharing options for various network profiles.
- After configuring it, click on this option – join now
- Insert homegroup password to connect your windows 8 with the homegroup.
- Click Next button.