This post deals with upgrading your phone to the latest Android 4.1.2 official firmware on the Samsung Galaxy Premier GT-I9260. The article will give you a complete insight into the rooting procedure. This requires you to have installed the latest Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware.
The Galaxy premier once rooted can be used to its maximum and can give the best experience. There are numerous apps on Google Play which require the permission of the root for its installation. A more beautiful user interface can be experienced after installing custom ROM, and this is only possible when you root the phone. The battery life is also enhanced.
The preparations to be made before the Galaxy Premier is rooted:
There are few downloads which are to be made and few precautions which should be taken care of:
- The rooting package compiled by Chainfire: CF-Auto-Root-superior-superiorxx-gti9260.zip should be downloaded and unzipped to get the files. For, this you may click this link: CF-Auto-Root-superior-superiorxx-gti9260.zip Download
- You can download the Odin3 which helps in the zip extraction through this link: Odin3-v3.04 zip
- The Samsung USB drivers should be downloaded and installed. Samsung USB drivers
- If the Samsung Kies is present on the computer system, then there is no need for the driver installation. But, it should be closed while the extraction process is done. Samsung Kies USB Driver
- Charge the Galaxy Premier to a decent level.
- Though rooting the device will never lead to the deletion of the phone’s contacts, messages, apps, etc, but they should be kept as a backup.
- At first press Settings and then Developer Options, and thus activate USB Debugging mode.
How to Root Galaxy Premier GT-I9260 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean Firmware:
After the above steps have been followed carefully, proceed to the following steps:
Step 1: Switch off the phone and boot it in the download mode For this, the Volume Down + Home + Power keys should be held together for few seconds and then the volume up key should be pressed. This enters the Download mode.
Step 2: Run the Odin3 v3.04.exe from its folder.
Step 3: connect the phone to the computer through the USB.
Step 4: On detecting the device, a text message in the Message box at Odin will is displayed as “Added” and the ID:COM port turns to the green light.
Step 5: Click The file CF-Auto-Root-superior-superiorxx-gti9260.tar.md5 after turning the PDA button on.
Step 6: Do not check any other option on Odin excet the F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot.
Step 7: Once you feel that everything is okay, then hit Start button on Odin which will start the installation process and the phone will be auto reboot after which a “PASS” message is shown on the successful installation.
Step 8: Disconnect the USB following which the phone will automatically start up. The SuperSU app on the Galaxy Premier should be checked. If this app is present, then the phone has been successfully booted.
The root checker app is available on the Google Play store which can be used for the root verification, to check whether the root has been successfully downloaded and installed.
See to it: The rooting of an Android phone is similar to jailbreaking an iOS device. So once the rooting is done to a particular handset, the warranty on it is lost. But unlike the iOS, the warranty can be bought back after the installation of the official firmware is made.