A new update hits the Beta channel for Windows 11 Insider with a scanty number of improvements and without any bug fixes. KB5034851 is the cumulative update that brings the build increasing the version number to Windows 11 Build 22635.3140. To receive the latest changes in Windows 11 version 23H2 Beta channel please toggle on Get the latest updates as soon as they’re available from Settings > Windows update.
Full name of the release is “Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview (10.0.22635.3140) (KB5034851)” The precise build number is 10.0.22635.3140.ni_release_svc_betaflt_prod1.240126-1206. Let’s see what is new in this update:
Table of Contents
Windows 11 version 23H2 Build 22635.3140 KB5034851 changes and improvements
Here is the changelog:
Improvements and Changes slowly being rolled out to everyone in the Beta Channel
Copilot in Windows
- KB5034851 changes Copilot icon location to right side of the system tray on the taskbar. This modification is aimed at making the entry point to Copilot more easily available by being closer to where the Copilot pane appears. In this concern, the update will disable “show the desktop” located at the far right corner of the taskbar which you can enable from Settings => Personalization => Taskbar. This is just starting to roll out so not everyone in this channel will see this change right away.
- Windows 11 Build 22635.3140 has started grouping recently added apps into a folder under the Recommended section of Start. This is currently available to some Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel so not all Insiders in the Beta Channel will see this right away.
- If you have signed in to Windows 11 Enterprise or Pro version using a Microsoft Entra ID account, you can view and participate in upcoming Microsoft Teams meetings straight from the Start menu. The following online Teams meeting will manifest a Recommended item 5 minutes before it starts and clicking the meeting recommendation will launch the join meeting flow in Teams. Note that this is rolling out so not all Insiders in the Beta Channel will see this right away.
Note: All people who have opted for Beta Channel are on the same build (Build 22635.xxxx) upgraded through an enablement package. If they want to be first to receive features gradually rolled out to you, they can turn ON Get the latest updates as they are available via Settings => Windows Update. Over time, the channel will increase the release of features to everyone with the toggle turned on. For those who keep this toggle off, new features and changes will gradually be rolled out over time once they are ready.
Proceeding ahead, changes in Beta Channel builds are documented in two buckets: new features, improvements, and fixes that are being gradually rolled out for Insiders who have disabled “get the latest updates as they’re available” and then new features, improvements, and fixes available to everyone.
How to download KB5034851 and install
Via Windows update
- Navigate to Settings > Windows update and click on “Check for updates”.
- Once Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22635.3140 is downloaded completely, click on Restart now.
Through Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22635.3140 ISO download link
- Go to the KB5034851 download link.
- Select the build and channel from the page when the iso is placed and download the file.
- Create a bootable media and install this version.