The Release Preview channel received a bunch of updates today on 13/04/2023, 2 for Windows 11 and other 2 for Windows 10. KB5025297 is the cumulative update that brings 3 new features and 23 bug fixes. The Insider update increases the 22H2 version of Windows 10 to build 19045.2908 The highlights of this release are Region and language sync settings, modification in Firewall, and search. Apart from this, the bug fixes in this assembly include unexpected password expiration notifications, LSA, Microsoft Edge IE mode, and a lot more. See – Windows 10 KB5023773 Preview Update Rolled out to 22H2.
Full name of this release is – 2023-04 Preview Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5025297). In this, x64 is variable depending on the devices and it can be x86 or ARM64 too. Let’s see what is new in KB5025297:
KB5025297 Windows 10 Build 19045.2908 22H2 Features, changes, and download link
Here is the changelog –
- One of the new features in this update is the option to synchronize your language and region settings with your Microsoft account when you update your display language or regional format. If you have enabled Language preferences sync in your Windows backup settings, Windows will automatically save these settings to your account.
- KB5025297 LCU modifies firewall settings. You are now able to configure application group rules.
- With this update, the search box experience has been reintroduced to the Windows 10 taskbar. Regardless of whether you have a top, bottom, regular, or small icons taskbar, the search box will be visible. This feature allows you to quickly access apps, files, settings, and other content from Windows and the web. Additionally, Windows 10 Build 19045.2908 provides access to the latest search updates, including search highlights. If you prefer the original search experience, it’s easy to restore it by using the context menu or responding to a dialog that appears when you use search.
Changes and bug fixes
- This release of LCU affects the Islamic Republic of Iran. The update supports the government’s DST aka Daylight Saving Time change order from 2022.
- This update resolves an issue that causes users to receive unexpected password expiration notifications. The problem occurs when an account is configured to require smart card authentication for interactive logon and the “Enable rolling of expiring NTLM secrets” setting is enabled.
- KB5025297 RP channel update addresses an issue that affects the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) process. The problem might stop responding and because of this, the machine restarts. Error message that appears, states: 0xc0000005 (STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION). See: Fix This change requires you to restart your device LSA Protection Error in Windows.
- This update resolves a problem that impacts the Microsoft Edge IE mode, where pop-up windows open in the background rather than the foreground.
- The purpose of this update is to resolve an issue that impacts the functionality of Edge IE mode. Specifically, the Tab Window Manager becomes unresponsive.
- Windows 10 Build 19045.2908 RP channel addresses an issue that affects protected content. If you use Taskbar Thumbnail Live Preview, you may encounter an issue where protected content is displayed when it should not, particularly when you minimize a window. This update resolves this problem.
- This update resolves an issue that impacts the application of provisioning packages in specific scenarios where elevation is necessary, resulting in failure to apply.
- This rollout resolves a printing issue that impacts mobile device management (MDM) clients, where printing is not possible due to an exception.
- KB5025297 release preview channel changes the app icons for certain mobile providers.
- The current update resolves a problem impacting the Windows Defender Application Control, where the hash rule-based policy fails to block software from running.
- The issue of the Chinese input method has been addressed in this update. Users were previously unable to view the complete first suggested item.
- Windows 10 Build 19045.2908 RP channel is intended for Xbox Elite users who use the Xbox Adaptive Controller. With the update, the controller remapping preferences can be applied on the desktop.
- The LCU update resolves a problem that arises when attempting to use a PIN for Windows Hello for Business sign-in. Users may experience login failures when accessing Remote Desktop Services, accompanied by the error message “The request is not supported.”
- This update resolves a problem that could impact the keyboard layout during console session sign-in. If you lock your device or have more than one keyboard layout in Settings, the layout might reset to the system default.
- KB5025297 Windows update resolves an issue that may impact the News and Interests feature causing it to flicker on the taskbar, while also causing File Explorer to become unresponsive.
- This update resolves rendering problems that impact the search box gleam, which is an animated icon. The issue occurs when you utilize wide, narrow, or small taskbar modes.
- Windows 10 19045.2908 resolves a problem that impacts Microsoft Edge WebView2. Specifically, attempting to restart the process may result in an infinite loop.
- This update resolves an issue that impacts Administrator Account Lockout policies, which were not being conveyed by GPResult and Resultant Set of Policy.
- This update resolves an issue that affects the TaskPad view in Active Directory Users & Computers, causing it to become unresponsive when attempting to enable or disable multiple objects simultaneously.
- KB5025297 addresses an issue that affects the Unified Write Filter (UWF). When you turn it off by using a call to Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), your device might stop responding.
- This update resolves a problem that impacts the Resilient File System (ReFS) by resolving a stop error that prevents the operating system from starting up properly.
- The rollout resolves an issue that affects the execution of MySQL commands on Windows Xenon containers, causing them to fail.
- This update resolves a problem that impacts SMB Direct. On systems that utilize multi-byte character sets, the endpoints may not be accessible.
KB5025297 Download link
Windows Insider Preview ISO website (download when ready)
Source: Windows blog.