Windows Insider build 17692 build includes a Settings in the Display section of Ease of Access that allows you to Increase Text Size. A slider simply helps you to make everything bigger and comfortable to read. This option will be a part of next Windows 10 major release. Many times, you need to adjust the display of your computer depending on your vision. You can follow the instructions for the current version here – How to Change Icons and Text Size on Windows 10
Because of bad vision, you may feel trouble to see small texts and apps. Fortunately, you can easily decrease and increase Text Size in Windows 10. You will not need to wear glasses every time while using your PC after Microsoft includes the option in Ease of Access. Through the feature, you can easily adjust font size either for the full system or an individual section of the interface. Let’s see the procedure.
Decrease and Increase Text Size in Windows 10
Here is how to decrease and increase Text Size in Windows 10 –
Change the size of text on your display
Step-1: Press Windows logo key and let the Start menu appear. Click on Settings cog from the leftmost column.
Step-2: Do a click on Ease of Access after the Windows Settings comes over the screen.
Step-3: In the right pane, you will view slide control to change the size of text on your displays located under Make everything bigger. Drag the slider to the right side to increase font size and do the reverse to decrease.
Step-5: Once you are okay with adjusting, perform a click on Apply to save the changes.
In Creators update Microsoft provided Scale and Layout section in the Display page. You utilize the options here to Change Text and Apps Size on Windows 10 Creators Update till now. But after the next big release, you will use a single platform in Ease of access to control the same. Moreover, a setting to change the size of apps and text on the main display is also available here by scaling. Let’s how to Decrease and Increase Text Size in Windows 10 using this –
How to Change the size of apps and text on the main display in Windows 10
- Press Win&I simultaneously and select Ease of access from the Windows Settings application.
- In the Make everything bigger section, look for the second option that says Change the size of text and apps on main display.
- By default, the size is 100% ((Recommended). Click on the drop-down and select 125%.
- You will get a warning pop up Fix apps that are blurry. This means some of the applications are not compatible with the current display scaling value. Click on Apply to Open Settings (Yes, open Settings must be selected in the drop down).
- You will be automatically taken to Advanced scaling settings. Click on the toggle switch under Fix scaling for apps.
Enjoy the new display scaling size.