Plenty of users are questioning the Keyboard settings in Windows 10 (some sounds this is buggy). They are encountering a weird issue Keyboard Running Slow. The system is consuming a couple of seconds to exhibit the typed letters. Well, there are wide reasons that lead to the inactive performance of the keyboard. The i8042 driver, the one that operates the PS/2 might fail to migrate exactly at the time of setup, or the machine might have some features turned on that resulted in the slow down of the keyboard and things like that are putting hindrances in the smooth functioning of the keyboard.
So, concerning all the possible reasons, we write here 3 separate tips in this post that will aid you in overcoming this issue. Follow the tips one by one and either of these 3 will fix the issue according to the irregularities residing in your Keyboard. Hence, let us begin the tips to fix keyboard running slow in Windows 10.
How to Fix Keyboard Running Slow in Windows 10
1. Through Filter Keys
First of all, it is good to check whether your machine is confronting the feature of Filter keys or not. If it is turned on, it slow downs the input of repeated keys and also pays no attention to the keystrokes that occur continuously. Hence, you need to turn this feature off. There are two places from where you could set it to off mode. Let us see them individually.
- Spread Control Panel on your screen by any of the ways you are used to (If you want help read How to Open Control Panel on Windows 10 – Instant Ways).
- After its arrival on the screen, make it look in the small view so that all the links are visible properly. Look for Ease of Access Center. Tap when you see it.
- Click Make the keyboard easier to use in order to modify the changes, if needed.
- Now find an option that says Turn on Filter Keys. If you notice that its cell is selected, clear it Off and tap Apply and Ok buttons to implement the changes.
The same thing is obtainable in the Settings app also. See how to go there –
- After you bring the Settings app on your screen, mouse punch Ease of Access category.
- From the segments available on the left column, choose Keyboard.
- The right pane of the same showcases many options. Scan through them and pick up Filter keys section. If you see it activated, turn it Off using the slider.
2. Through Keyboard Properties
Another important workout is a check on the Keyboard properties. With the aid of the slider, you can adjust the delay of the repeat letters and repeat rate. Find its route in the steps below –
- Open Control Panel on the screen and choose Keyboard link from the Small icon view.
- A separate and individual dialog box of Keyboard Properties will arrive. In the Speed tab, you can see the sliders for Repeat delay and Repeat rate.
- The first slider deals with how long a key is pressed down before the keyboard letters repeat. Adjust the slider as per your preference.
- Now, the second slider says, if you move it to the right, the keyboard letters are repeated more rapidly. Whereas, dragging it to the left slows down the repeated keyboard letters.
- Do the adjustments as per your preference. Click Ok button to confirm the alterations.
3. Through Registry Editor
The i8042 driver which manages the PS/2 port might not have been drifted properly during the setup phrase time which results in the sluggish performance of the keyboard. Read out the tweak in the below points –
- Make Registry Editor arrive on your screen by typing regedit.exe in the taskbar search.
- Follow this route to make alterations:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE => SYSTEM => CurrentControlSet => Services => i8042prt => Parameters.
- On the opposite part of the Parameters, find out PollStatusIterations DWORD. If you cannot find, create it. Right-click and select New => DWORD (32 bit) Value and name it the same.
- Right-click on the DWORD and select the Modify option.
- Under the Value data field assign the value as 1. Press the Ok button.
- Save all your ongoing work and restart your system now.
All the above mentioned three tips to fix keyboard running slow in Windows 10 are distinct, but all are co-related. So, it is always suggested to find out your area of concern and then do the remedy accordingly. If you have any other tips, please support us by commenting below.