Galaxy S Plus I9001 Android phone can now be installed to the newest firmware XXKQP Android 2.3.6. It has been presented by Samsung over Samsung KIES for downloading to each Samsung I9001 user. Now anyone may update XXKQP Android 2.3.6 firmware on Galaxy S Plus I9001 Smartphone manually through ODIN method.
XXJW7 Android 2.3.6 Firmware information
Version – Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread
The XXQP firmware is only for Galaxy S Plus I9001 Smartphone. Don’t try these firmware install tips on any other Galaxy model. Besides, howto-connect or the developers are not liable to face any type of complaint if your Smartphone becomes damaged or dead during the update process. So, start the firmware update process to Galaxy S Plus I9001 at personal risk.
Important tips before going to install XXQP firmware on Galaxy I9001 model
- Activate USB debugging mode on your Galaxy S9001 smartphone.
- Download and Install Galaxy USB driver to your computer.
- Backup all data (apps, SMS, contacts, settings, photos, video files) of Galaxy Plus I9001 Smartphone to SD card. The backup process can be also done to the computer hard disk through Samsung KIES app.
- Ensure that the battery of Galaxy Plus I9001 Smartphone should be fully charged before starting firmware update process. It is important otherwise your Galaxy device can get dead due to low battery power.
How to update XXKQP Android 2.3.6 firmware on Galaxy S Plus I9001:
Download and extract both zip files to your computer.
Android 2.3.6 I9001XXKQP firmware
ODIN v1.85 flash tool
Turn off your Galaxy S Plus I9001 Smartphone and boot into download mode. How? Press and hold the volume down and Home buttons jointly and then press the Power button. Now you will receive the Android robot logo and a triangle sign. Press Power button once more to boot into download mode.
Now right-click on ODIN setup and choose Run as administrator from right context panel on your computer. Then connect your Galaxy I9001 device to your computer with USB cable.
If your Galaxy I9001 Smartphone is connected effectively in a few minutes, ID: COM boxes will change in yellow along with COM port number in ODIN window.
Now choose the following flash files from the extracted firmware folder (step 1).
- Click on PDA option and select same file with CODE comprised extension.
- Click on Phone option and select identical file with MODEM comprised extension. Take no notice of this step if such file is absent.
- Click on CSC option and select same file with CSC’ in its name. Take no notice of this step if such file is absent.
- Click on PIT and select the .pit file. Avoid this step if there is no target file.
Now check the both options Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time and click on Start button in ODIN window. As result, firmware update process will be launched and it would finish in around 10-15 minutes.
After the firmware update process is finished, your Galaxy S Plus I9001 Smartphone will reboot. Then you will get the home screen with updated to Android 2.3.6 supported XXKQP firmware.