Sometimes you might find new trouble in Windows 8. After successfully installing Windows 8 version, the computer does not show internal DVD drive. Then you might get yourselves in trouble and think, why DVD drive has vanished after installation. But don’t worry, a process having some steps are being provided. Follow these tips and solve this trouble quickly.
Related Post: How to burn CD / DVD images in Windows 8 ISO Image
How To Enable DVD Drive in Windows 8
- At first, Press Ctrl + C shortcut to open Charms bar.
- In Charms bar, Click on Search option.
- Now type Command Prompt in the search box.
- A link is showing in search results at left panel.
- At this time we press right click, a setting panel comes at the bottom.
- Here, click on Run as administrator button to start the command prompt with admin right.
- Type this command –
Reg.exe add “HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0” /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001
- Press Enter button after typing this command in command Prompt.
- Now you have to restart the computer.
When we open Window explorer, DVD drive will display with drive partition.