Jailbreaking an iOS device such as an iPad is required to run all the apps. But it is not supported by Apple Operating System. Here are the steps to jailbreak an iOS device easily. These steps are applicable for only iPad’s running iOS 5.1.1 for Mac and Windows users by using Absinthe. The following steps need to be followed very carefully:
- The jailbreak performed by Absinthe 2.0 is an untethered one.
- All the iPads – iPad 1, iPad 2( 1st generation) and the latest iPad 2(2nd generation) can be jailbroken by Absinthe.
- An assurance must be made that the iTunes is Updated to the latest available version.
- The iPad should be backed up to iTunes or iCloud before jailbreak.
- The Absinthe 2.0 version can jailbreak only those devices running iOS 5.1.1. so if the iPad is using a lower version then it must be updated.
- The latest version of the Absinthe 2.0 should be downloaded and should be saved in the folder named Absinthe. it can be downloaded from the following link.
- As the Zip file is downloaded, so extraction of files has to be done in the same location following which the application should be launched.
- If the jailbreak is being done through a Windows OS then the file Absinthe.exe should be double-clicked and select “Run as Administrator”
- Once the Absinthe is launched successfully, then the iPad should be connected to the computer.
- Click on settings, click general and turn the Passcode OFF as the jailbreak fails to run if the Passcode is enabled.
- After successfully disabling the Passcode and connecting the iPad to the computer, Absinthe detects the device and its firmware. Now, click on the Jailbreak button.
- After about 5-10 minutes, if the jailbreak is successfully done then, a message shows “Done Enjoy”.
- After the successful Jailbreak A Cydia icon appears on the Home Page or if it does not .it can be searched.
Some points to remember while jailbreaking
- Click ”Devices menu” > click Device name and click Backup. This step is very important as it backs up all the information stored in the device.
- Click on Settings>> General>> Reset >>Erase all Content and Settings. This step erases all the data.
- After a successful jailbreak all the data can be backed up using the iCloud.
- Open the device menu, click on Device name and click on Restore from Backup
- If the above method does not work , then it is better to have a backup of all the files done on iTunes and then continue with the Jailbreak.
- After successful jailbreak, the files can be backed up from iTunes , click on Device name and click on Restore from Backup.
- Once, all these steps are followed, the Apple iPad is now available to a new world which is outside Apple Store. All new apps can be downloaded.
- It is very important to do Backup of all the files before jailbreak as it ensures the safety of the files either through iCloud or iTUnes.
traducere araba romasays:
When I first saw this title how to jailbreak an iPad ios 5.11 using absinthe 2.0 on google I just whent and bookmark it.I'm glad to see that you're addressing this important topic in such a straightforward and easily understandable way. Best wishes. I'll be back.
cbn grinding wheelssays:
Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I really feel strongly about it and adore understanding much more on this subject. If achievable, as you gain experience, would you thoughts updating your weblog with much more details? It is extremely helpful for me.