Sometimes users want to install more than one operating, as latest and its previous version, in their hard disk. Such a condition is known as Dual Booting, which gives freedom from crashing either of operating. In such circumstances, users want to set newly version to set as default operating.
If a user wants to set Windows 8 as default Operating in his system then follow our suggestion. I am going to describe more than one method to make Windows 8 as default Operating in case of Dual Booting.
Set Windows 8, 10 as Default in Dual Boot Computer
- Go to Windows 8 desktop mode from Metro screen and hit WINDOWS Key + R shortcut to start RUN.
- In RUN dialog box, type msconfig and hit OK button.
- A new dialog box like System Configuration appears before you.
- Go to the boot tab in the top panel. You may choose Windows 8 and click Set as default button.
- Now click on Apply and OK button one by one to save settings.
- If Windows 8 and Windows 7 has been installed in your computer then boot into Windows 8.
- you find choose an Operating System message box during startup.
- Click Choose default or other Options at the bottom in this box.
- A new dialog box is showing – Choose the default Operating System.
- In next dialog box (Choose a default Operating System). Click on Windows 8 Icon.
Now Windows 8 has set as default in dual booting options.