Windows 10 1909 and 1903 have the August 2020 Patch Tuesday update today. KB4565351 is the security update that brings many important fixes and changes. The patch takes 1909 to 18363.1016 and 1903 to 18362.1016 version respectively.
KB4565351 will be downloaded automatically and installed after your confirmation unless you have not changed the Windows Update Settings. Furthermore, you can receive the package following the links and methods available in the last of this post. Windows 10 Cumulative Updates List
KB4565351 for windows 10 1909 and 1903 Security update improvements and fixes
Here is KB4565351 Changelog –
- Boosts security when using the browsers Internet Explorer (IE) and Microsoft Edge Legacy.
- Improves security when running input devices (for instance, keyboard, mouse, or pen).
- The patch improves security at the time of Windows performs basic operations.
- Updates for authenticating usernames and passwords.
Improvements and fixes
- The patch Tuesday update addresses UWP apps problem that allows single sign-on authentication when an app does not have the Enterprise Authentication capability. With the roll out of CVE-2020-1509, UWP applications might begin prompting the user for credentials.
- Security updates to All Microsoft components.
How to download KB4565351 and install on Windows 10 1909 and 1903
Direct Download links –
|Download 1909 and 1903 cumulative update from Microsoft update catalog||Servicing Stack update KB4569073|
Using Windows update –
- Launch Windows Settings (Windows+I keys).
- Choose Update & Security.
- Select the link that reads Check for updates from the right pane of next page.
- Let the patch to complete the download in a little while and click on Install now when asked.
Via Microsoft update catalog
- Select the link from the table to reach KB4565351 section on the Microsoft update catalog site.
- Locate the correct update file suitable for your system architecture and click on Download.
- When downloading is finished, double click on the .msu extension file and allow the installation over.
Source – Release note.