Release Preview channel is welcoming 2 new updates, one for each of Windows 10 21H2 and 21H1 with a list of bug fixes. KB5005611 is the cumulative update preview that takes the build to 19043.1263 for both versions. ISO image for these versions is also available on the Windows Insider Preview Downloads website now for which a link is being provided in the last of this post.
If you are in the Release Preview (RP) channel KB5005611 will be automatically installed. Otherwise, you have an option to install Windows 10 Build 19043.1263 using the ISO and making it bootable through the method here – How to Make Pendrive Bootable for Windows 10. First of all, let’s see the changes that the build carries –
Release Preview update KB5005611 Windows 10 Build 19043.1263 21H2 and 21H1 Changes and fixes
Here is the changelog –
- The update fixed an issue that changes the current User Interface language of devices. This happens when an unattended OOBE language pack is installed on a desktop.
- KB5005611 fixed incorrect system time by 1 hour after a change in daylight saving time.
- The build fixed the missing Server Manager application after using it to remove Hyper-V on Windows Server 2022.
- The experts in the team fixed the parsing time format problem in event logs occurred when you exclude milliseconds.
- They fixed DnsCache service to decrease the CPU usage to 100% utilization ending up with the device stopped responding problem.
- KB5005611 Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1263 gives administrators the choice to reset the zoom to the default for HTML dialogs in Microsoft Edge Internet Explorer mode.
- Furthermore, the experts fixed an issue that stops calls to the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) minidriver for Windows Portable Devices (WPD) devices that you access using WIAMgr.
- They fixed Microsoft Outlook suddenly stops responding during general use problem that occurs if the application created and removed UI elements on a background thread is no longer receiving messages.
- Additionally, they fixed Microsoft Outlook Add-in preventing you from providing input after you select Reply.
- The experts fixed an issue that fails to keep the NumLock state after a Fast Startup restart.
- Cumulative update preview KB5005611 Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1263 fixed an issue that occurs with sharing a screen using Microsoft Teams. During this problem, Protected content, for example, a digital rights management email appears black for the presenter but transparent for everyone else.
- Also, they fixed drawing on the screen using “Windows Context::UpdateRgnFromRects” stopped working.
- The experts in the team fixed distortion in the audio that occurs when Cortana and other voice assistants capture.
- The rollout removed 25 maximum Traffic Selectors limit in the Windows native Internet Key Exchange (IKE) client and server.
- RP build fixed smart card PIN dialog missing when connected to VPN. This problem occurs after upgrading to Windows 10, v2004.
- The rollout fixed the memory leak in exe that occurs when the pTokenPrivileges buffer is not released.
- Also, this RP build fixed non-paged pool leak from the UxSF pool tag. This occurs when exe stops processing asynchronous Security Support Provider Interface aka SSPI calls.
- The experts fixed sys driver does not load. Consequently, some games cannot work after enabling Hypervisor-Protected Code Integrity (HVCI).
- They fixed Windows stopped working after deploying a Code Integrity policy without user mode rules.
- The experts in the insider team improved the performance of exe in environments with UDP applications that require high amounts of bandwidth.
- They fixed an IME mode instability that occurs in the RemoteApp scenario. You must install this rollout on the Remote Desktop client and Remote Desktop server. They also fixed blurry News and interests icons that happen when you use certain screen resolutions.
- RP Build Windows 10 19043.1263 fixed a paged pool memory leak of the registry keys for the Virtual Desktop ID that occurs in exe.
- It fixed exe stops working problem that occurs because Direct Manipulation fails to start.
- The RP update fixed News and interests showing in the context menu even when you have disabled it.
- Also, KB5005611 fixed the configuration for multiple artifact DB support across datacenters fails for SAML artifacts.
- The experts fixed LsaLookupSids() function fails problem. This happens when there are security identifiers aka SID for users that no longer exist in a group that contains cross-domain trusted users.
- They fixed post_logout_redirect_uri= parameter doesn’t apply when using an External Claims Provider.
- Furthermore, they fixed a deadlock in the WebDav redirector that occurs when it attempts to read a file from the local TfsStore. Consequently, the system stops responding.
- They fixed the stop error that appears after a restart.
- The experts in the team fixed Enterprise Mode Site List redirection from IE11 to Microsoft Edge. In certain conditions, the redirection opens a site in multiple tabs in the browser Microsoft Edge.
- RP version Windows 10 19043.1263 KB5005611 deleted a hyperlink that might cause the Input app to stop working when you first access fuzzy pinyin content.
- The build settled an activation problem for the Input application.
- The experts in the insider team fixed apps losing focus that occurs when the taskbar is not at the bottom of the screen.
- The rollout fixed UBR always reports zero on a device during enrollment to MDM service.
- Also, they fixed PropertyGet in dll problem.
- To fix the printer issue, the RP build implemented a Group Policy for the following registry key –
Key: HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Printers\PointAndPrint Value: RestrictDriverInstallationToAdministrators
In order to ensure that you are running Windows 10, 21H1, press Win+R, type, Winver, and hit enter. You should view Version 21H1.
KB5005611 Windows 10 Build 19043.1263 21H2 and 21H1 Download link
Windows Insider Preview Downloads