Windows 11 is receiving a new security update on the opening patch Tuesday of 2022. KB5009566 is the release that brings some remarkable changes and bug fixes for this version. This update raises the version to Windows 11 22000.434.
January 2022 Cumulative update for Windows 11 has also a few known issues on which the company is working. You can revise the info of the previous month aka December 2021 patch – KB5008215 Windows 11 22000.376 update is rolled out.
LCU KB5009566 bug Fixes, Changes, and Known issues
Here is the changelog –
Bug fixes and changes
- The patch day rollout addresses a known issue that affects Japanese Input Method Editors aka IME. Upon entering text, it might appear disorderly or the text cursor might move unexpectedly in apps that use the multibyte character set (MBCS). This issue influences both the Microsoft Japanese IME and third-party Japanese IMEs.
|All users||On High definition displays, colors are not correctly rendered by image editing utilities after installing Windows 11, Most complaints are about white color, which would display in bright yellow or other colors.|
This problem takes place when a particular color-rendering “Win32 APIs” returns back unnecessary information or throws errors under specific conditions. Fortunately, all color profile management programs are not affected, and color profile options available on the Settings page, furthermore Microsoft Color Control Panel, are expected to function correctly.
|The team is working on a resolution and estimates a solution will be pushed in late January.|
How to download KB5009566 and install it on Windows 11
First of all, confirm that the most recent Servicing Stack Update alias SSU is installed. Now go with steps in the underneath methods –
Method-1: Using automatic Windows update
- Click Search.
- Type updates.
- Press Enter.
- Windows Settings will be visible displaying the Windows update page by default.
- Straight away go to the right pane and select – Check for updates.
- The system will start scanning for today’s update and display that KB5009566 is being downloaded.
- Earliest possible, the downloading is over you will see a pop-up.
- Click – Restart now.
Method-2: Manually from Microsoft update catalog
- Click the KB5009566 direct download link.
- You will notice a few update files there on Microsoft updates catalog page for x64, x86, ARM64, etc. Explore the file, that may be compatible with the system architecture of your machine and click on Download from the right part of the page.
- A web page prompt on the screen; click on the MSU file link there.
- Simply reach the download location and double click on the “MSU file”.
- At last, comply with the confirmation and allow the installation to finish.