We have previously written about KB5033204 available to Windows 11 23H3 very first time to enhance the Setup, WinRE, and OOBE experience. Now, 22H2 has obtained an Out of Box Experience update for the same purpose on the version. KB5033055 is the knowledge base number of the release which is applicable in only OOBE environment.
This is automatically downloadable and apart from this, it is available on Microsoft update catalog. Using the standalone package of the file, you can install this OOBE update.
KB5033055 Windows 11 22H2 and 23H2
This update improves the Windows 11, version 22H2 and 23H2 out-of-box experience (OOBE). This update applies only to the Windows 11 OOBE process and is available only when OOBE updates are installed.
The OOBE update is applicable to: Windows 11 SE v22H2, Windows 11 Home and Pro, v22H2 Windows 11 Enterprise Multi-Session, v22H2 Windows 11 Enterprise and Education, v22H2 Windows 11 IoT Enterprise, v22H2 Windows 11 SE, v23H2 Windows 11 Home and Pro, v23H2 Windows 11 Enterprise and Education, v23H2 Windows 11 Enterprise Multi-Session, v23H2 Windows 11 IoT Enterprise, v23H2.
Out of Box Experience update
Remember that this release is installed in the Windows OOBE environment when connected to the internet.
There are no requirements for receiving this update.
To implement this OOBE update, your device requires a restart.
Update substitute facts
This update does not substitute any earlier update.
How to download KB5033055 and install
- Besides, updating during OOBE process you can download this from Microsoft update catalog and install it manually by following the steps:
- Visit the official website of Microsoft update catalog.
- Locate the correct file compatible with the CPU of your computer (x64, ARM64) and click on Download.
- Click on the link available on a prompted web page.
- Once downloaded, right-click on the .msu file and select Open.
- After installation is completed, a wizard will ask you to Restart; click on this.