When you lost WiFi password on Windows 10 you can recover it manually and there is no need of third party tool. Here we are presenting tips using which you can Recover WiFi Password on Windows 10 without more hassle.
We secure all our accounts with strong passwords so that no one accesses them, but sometimes it seems that we dig the hole for ourselves! We often find ourselves in the situation where we forgot the password. For web accounts, you can easily get the password because they provide you number of ways through which you can recreate your lost password. But what about a lost or forgotten WiFi password?! We protect our WiFi connection with a strong password with a view that no stranger can use it. Well, if you have forgotten or lost your WiFi password on Windows 10 then there is nothing much to worry. You can now easily get to know your password with these easy steps.
How Recover WiFi Password on Windows 10
- Jointly hit Windows and R keys to open up the Run command window.
- Type the command ncpa.cpl on the blank area of the Run command dialog box.
- On hitting the Enter key, Network Connections window will come on the screen.
- Look for your WiFi. Right click on the WiFi connection and choose the Status.
- Under the Status window, click Wireless Properties link.
- You will be taken to the new window of your Wireless Network Properties.
- Now, head to the Security tab.
- Under this tab, you will see your Network Security Key or WiFi password is in codes.
- As you want to know the password, click on the checkbox which asks you to Show characters.
- Click the Ok button.
- Now you can see your password.
- To if you do not like to show the password or the characters uncheck the Show characters option and hit Ok.
- You can direct yourself to the Network Connections window from Control Panel Open Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center ->Change Adapter Settings link. Network Connections window will be opened up.
- This will take you to network connection window comprising the available networks. Further, proceed from WiFi status as given in above steps.
Recover WiFi Password on Windows 10 using Command Prompt
You can attempt the second tip which must be convenient one and will certainly assist you to Recover WiFi Password on Windows 10 by merely copying and pasting few commands which are given in the steps at Command prompt.
- Execute a Right click on windows icon lying at the farthest left of the taskbar after then hit (press) on the Command Prompt (Admin) at the middle portion of the power user menu like shown in the below screenshot.
- A UAC Screen prompts choose Yes.
- Copy the subsequent command and paste in the command prompt and tap Enter.
netsh wlan show profile
- You will be shown one or few connection names. Look for the wireless connection you are using.
Now, you need to copy another command which will fetch you the password of your connection and paste on the command prompt and hit Enter.
netsh wlan show profile name=”Holmes 007″ key=clear
Note: replace “Holmes 007” with your wireless connection name.
- You can see all the information related to your WiFi connection is listed in different categories.
- So, under Security settings see the Key content item. The term corresponding with it is the password of your WiFi connection.
• You are done!
With the above mentioned two tips, you can easily Recover WiFi Password on Windows 10. If you are the one who want to do this attempt any of these two super easy tips and get your credentials back.