As a part of 19H1, Microsoft rolls out another update in the form of Windows 10 Build 18346. This build is available for the Insiders who are into the Fast Ring. The release of this update carries several fixes for various issues. It addresses the important problems like the hang of Bluetooth Hands-Free driver, keyboard, Settings application, and more.
You can install this update by navigating to the built-in Windows Settings followed by going to the Update & Security category. When you click on the Check for updates button, Windows will start initializing and downloading the updates.
Windows 10 Build 18346 Details
The details of Windows 10 Build 18346 includes all the modifications, enhancements, and solutions for the issues as well. So, let us explore them.
Windows 10 Build 18346 General Fixes, Changes, and Improvements
- Microsoft and the team fix the problem that makes the Bluetooth Hands-Free audio driver hang.
- Some Insiders encountered the problem where they were not able to access the Quests section of the Feedback Hub. Build 18346 took this matter into concern and resolves it.
- Windows 10 Build 18346 addresses another issue in this release. They resolve the problem that leads the Settings app to crash when users click “Pick your insider settings” button. This option is available under Windows Insiders Program Settings.
- The PowerShell .GetType method will no more return with an error “out-lineoutput : The method or operation is not implemented”.
- Microsoft fixes a clipboard issue. In certain languages, when you pressed Win + V hotkeys before opting the clipboard history, its UI would be truncated.
- The release of this build resolves the problem where the new “Adlam keyboard” results in not being able to type certain common words.
- One more keyboard issue gets a solution here. When typing Vietnamese, the touch keyboard automatically gets into capital words in certain applications.
- The Insiders of certain languages such as “Chinese and Japanese” experiences an issue while enabling friendly dates in File Explorer. It used to display the wrong day. However, after installing Windows 10 Build 18346, this will not occur.
- The non-functional and unexpected “Family Safety” icon in the notification area of the taskbar gets a solution in this build.
- The team fixes one of the most irritating taskbar search box issues. The search box will not turn black on a black background after installing this build.
- Another important fix for Start Menu is out. The menu will not crash anymore when you use Narrator in order to navigate pinned folders in Start.
Known Issues in Windows 10 Build 18346
- There is a possibility of Green Screen of Death (in short GSOD) when you launch games that use anti-cheat software.
- Creative X-Fi sound cards may fail to operate fully. So, in order to bypass the problem, the team is partnering with Creative.
- Though there are improvements in the night light reliability, Microsoft is continuing to investigate the other reports as well.
- In the built-in Color Management application, monitors may go missing for display calibration. As a solution, navigate to the Settings app to select the color profile.
- The team is trying to figure out the issue where some Realtek SD card readers fail to function properly.
- The Setting application may crash down when you try to access Narrator settings in Windows Sandbox.
- Mouse pointer color may incorrectly start switching. It will switch to white after signing out and signing back in.
- There are several games that are not working in the Chinese version. Microsoft is figuring this issue as well.
Known Issues for Developers in Windows 10 Build 18346
Optional content like enabling developer mode may fail when you make an attempt to switch from the Fast ring. Hence, you need to remain in the Fast Ring only. By doing so, you will gain the ability to install/enable/add optional content. You need to do this as optional content will only be able to install on the specific rings for which they are approved.
Source – Windows Blog