Just before the release of Windows 11 Build 22000.1639 KB5022905, another update is delivered to the RP channel for Windows 10 version 22H2. KB5022906 is the cumulative update that carries Build 19045.2670. This update brings bug fixes for issues with Appx State Repository, Microsoft Excel, IE mode, App-V, Microsoft Edge, Azure AD,
Full name of this release is 2023-02 Preview Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5022906) where the architecture may be ARM64 or x86. Let’s see what is new in the build –
KB5022906 Windows 10 Build 19045.2670 changes, improvements, and bug fixes
Here is the changelog –
Improvements and bug fixes
- KB5022906 LCU fixed an issue that stopped hyperlinks from working in Microsoft Excel.
- The experts in the team fixed an issue that affected the Appx State Repository. When you eliminate a user profile, the cleanup was unfinished. For this reason, its database grew as time passes. This growth might have given rise to delays when users signed into multi-user environments like FSLogix.
- They offered support for the United Mexican States’ daylight-saving time or DST change order for 2023.
- Windows 10 Build 19045.2670 RP channel fixed a resource conflict problem that occurs between two or more threads (known as a deadlock). This deadlock impacted COM+ applications.
- The version fixed an issue that affected IE mode. For this reason, the text on the status bar was not always apparent.
- Experts in the team fixed an issue that affected cbs.log. This problem logged messages that were not error messages in cbs.log.
- KB5022906 CU improved how the Remove-Item cmdlet functioned for OneDrive folders.
- The cumulative update fixed an issue that affected AppV. Because of this, App-V stopped file names from having the correct letter case (lowercase or uppercase).
- The rollout fixed a problem that affected Microsoft Edge. The issue dispels conflicting policies for the browser. This problem occurred when you enable the MDMWinsOverGPFlag in a Microsoft Intune tenant and Intune faces a policy conflict.
- Windows 10 Build 19045.2670 update fixed an issue that affected Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). Provisioning package for failed to work bulk provisioning.
- The rollout fixed a problem that affected a certain streaming app. The problem prevented video playback after an advertisement from playing in the application.
- Experts in the RP channel team fixed an issue that affected MSInfo.exe. MSInfo did not correctly inform the enforcement status of the Windows Defender Application Control or WDAC user mode policy.
- The new version fixed accessibility issues. They affected Narrator on the Settings home page.
- We fixed an issue that affected the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS). LSASS might have stopped responding after you ran Sysprep on a domain-joined machine.
- Finally, An issue that caused virtual machines (VM) to stop responding when a new disk was added to a storage pool in the provisioning scenarios was resolved.
KB5022906 download link
Download Windows 10 22H2 Build 19045.2670 from here when the link becomes ready.
How to install the Release Preview build on Windows 10 22H2
- Click on Start and choose – Settings.
- Select – Update & security.
- Navigate to the right side of the app and click – Check for updates.
- After the downloading is completed select – Restart now.
Source: Windows blog.
KB5022906 cannot find my laptop’s camera, which for some reason ALSO disables my microphone. When I roll back this update, no worries, both are back. But, Windows keeps forcing this update. In today’s hybrid work place, this does NOT work.