RP Channel has received a new update with a significant feature advanced auto-learning for facial recognition. KB5022905 is the cumulative update that changes the Release Preview channel version to Windows 11 Build 22000.1639. The update has bug fixes for the issues with hyperlinks in Excel, Color filters, IE mode, AppV, LSASS, and more. This build belongs to CO_RELEASE development branch, for PCs and tablets equipped with Windows 11.
Full name of this release is 2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5022905) where x64 can also be ARM64 if the processor is compatible with this architecture. Let’s see what is new in this rollout –
KB5022905 for Windows 11 Build 22000.1639 features, changes, and bug fixes
Here is the changelog –
Improvements and changes
- There is a new change and this is advanced auto-learning feature for facial recognition.
- The experts in the team fixed an issue that prevented hyperlinks from working in Microsoft Excel.
- Windows 11 Build 22000.1639 fixed a problem with Color filters setting. Choosing it to Inverted, the system changes it to Grayscale instead.
- KB5022905 fixed a problem with the Appx State Repository. Removing the user profile made the cleanup incomplete. Due to that, its database grew as time passes. This growth might have resulted in delays when users signed into multi-user environments such as FSLogix.
- The rollout provided support for the United Mexican States’ daylight-saving time or DST change order for 2023.
- The LCU fixed a problem with IE mode. This sometimes made text invisible on the status bar.
- RP channel Windows 11 Build 22000.1639 fixed an issue that affected the Z-order of two maximized windows. A window that was behind another one might be displayed on top.
- Furthermore, the rollout fixed an issue that affected AppV. The issue prevents file names from having the correct letter case (lowercase or uppercase).
- Also, the insider update fixed a problem with Microsoft Edge. The issue eradicated conflicting policies for the browser. This happens when you enable the MDMWinsOverGPFlag in a Microsoft Intune tenant and Intune detected a policy conflict.
- The experts in the team fixed an issue that affected Azure Active Directory or Azure AD. Using a provisioning package or .ppkg for bulk provisioning failed.
- KB5022905 CU fixed an issue that affected a certain streaming app. The problem prevented video playback after an advertisement played in the application.
- Windows 11 Build 22000.1639 Release Preview channel fixed an issue that affected the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS). This issue might give rise to LSASS stopped responding problem that occurred after you ran Sysprep on a domain-joined machine.
- Finally, the build fixed a problem with parity virtual disks. This causes Server Manager to fail.
KB5022905 download link
Download Windows 11 Build 22000.1639 from here (when it is ready).
How to automatically install KB5022905 in the Release preview channel
- Click on – Start.
- Type updates.
- Press – Enter.
- Click on – Check for updates.
- Restart your computer to complete the installation of Windows 11 Build 22000.1639.
Source – Windows blog.